XS 650 Specific Engine Lifter Remover Tool

IllusiveJack

OldBiker on YouTube
Reaction score
I had enough of breaking my back getting these engines in and out so designed and built a hoist that will easily remove a XS 650 engine, (or many others for that matter) from the frame with no effort at all. I have a YouTube Channel called Old Biker, it can be seen being used on there, but here is a photo if the "OB Lifter" for you to have a look at..

Using it here first time replacing the engine with it..

IMG_1601.JPG

I like it, and I like the relatively small size of it , which would make it easy to stow away.
Very creative.

Hey Jack - that is a very slick rig!

Nicely done indeed.

Just a comment: your headlight looks pretty yellow - I wonder if your battery is down.

EDIT: it started so perhaps you have a daylight running setting in the UK...?

Pete

Last edited:
Hey Jack - that is a very slick rig!

Nicely done indeed.

Just a comment: your headlight looks pretty yellow - I wonder if your battery is down.

EDIT: it started so perhaps you have a daylight running setting in the UK...?

Pete
Nah Pete the battery was low and the headlight is the type that is sealed and just has a small round clear part at the back for a sidelight to shine through, not a very good design, its a spare Lucas one that come off me Triumph, I have some mods to do on the lift, the two prongs that stick out the front are going to be movable like a fork lift, if the steel gets delivered I'll do that tomorrow!

Back