XS Charge ign. system

plowboy1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the XS Charge PMA from Mikes XS to replace the total loss system on my gravel tracker. Has any one got any pros or cons on the XS Charge PMA? Thanks much for any help.

I'm assuming as you are running a total loss system you aren't using your bike on the road, have you looked into other ignition systems, Electrex world do a self charging crank triggered ignition system,

http://www.electrexworld.co.uk/cgi-...D=xs650&PN=STK-465.html#aSTK_2d465#aSTK_2d465

I run one on mine, good reliable spark, no need to worry if it will put out enough charge to run the bike, just rebuilt my engine, put different carbs on, started fourth kick and has started first or second kick since, they make two systems one digital and one analogue, not sure how much difference there is between the two, plus virtually no wiring, pair of wires come up to the electrics box from there it goes to the coil and kill switch and that's it.

Jay760, thanks much for the reply! I am checking into the Electrix you are using. Sounds like about what I need. Is there an ignition advance built in on the one you are using for less kickback on starting or do you set it at full advance? Mitch

Has built in advance, takes a bit of setting up as there is no keyway built into the rotor, I have no kickback on mine, always had a good spark even kicking over, only thing you could possibly criticize is the kill switch isn't marked which way is on or off.

Check out the Power dynamo system.. www.powerdynamo.biz part # 73 76 999 HR they also have ones for 277 rephrase.. I raced one and also used one on my street bike. They don't need a battery, have lighting coil, and adjustable advance unit. Well built.
go to there web site and check them out. www.powerdynamo.biz

Back