XS-Charge XS650 Electronic Ignition & E-Advancer kit

David Toll

Reliving my youth?
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Was going to retain my original points system after replacing most of the components. I have new coils, condensers, Oregon rectifier and regulator, ignition, lead wires and plugs. The original advance system seems OK - I fitted new springs and get a reasonable snap back. In the light of recent injuries to my feet, however, I am considering opting for something a little more reliable than the points. I have already spent money on the points system components and I would really like to keep the system as close as possible to original so I am considering installing Mikes XS-Charge Electronic Ignition & E-Advancer kit - the basic electronic system.
What are your reccommendations? Should I stay with the original points, install the above XS Charge component or cut my losses and opt for an entire ignition system like the Boyer Bransden? If I install the basic XS Charge system, do I retain my twin coils, condensers, regulator and rectifier and will I see the improvement in reliability I am seeking?

Back