XS Fresh from the shed

Signal

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hello and Thank you
My XS just fresh from the shed. I bought it in January as a running bike, a project that the seller had lost interest or motivation in.

It just needed a few things sorting: oil leaks, front forks and squealing clutch. That won't take long and then I can get back to the tracker project I thought.

The previous owner had done some things well, nice paint, powder coated frame, steering head bearings, swing arm bushes, replaced the clocks, fitted an oil filter unit, halogen insert in the headlamp, round slide carbs, and new tyres.

He also did some stuff that was not to my taste or the workmanship was questionable, air horns, extended forks, 750 kit (11:1 compression), rephase, cobbled together points ignition, poor quality rear shocks and rewire.

Things I have done: lowered the compression to around 9.8:1 fixed the oil leaks (for now). This involved getting a new cam ground as the cut and weld job on the cam was not straight and the poor old seals on the end couldn't cope.

Adjustable cam sprocket, Probe ignition, RZ alternator, put forks back to stock length, new fork springs, fork brace, upgraded the front brake, redid the wiring, had the front guard re-chromed, sorted the clutch.

Thank you to the members on the board, because you have generously shared your knowledge it was possible for me to do the above.

Attachments

• DSCF0409.JPG
    DSCF0409.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 178
Back