xs racer on ebay

Here's another question: why would someone buy a cool high-performance bike and never even bother to start it up? Dude apparently has a shop, some mechanical knowledge, etc. , so he could attempt to start it if he wanted to.

The bike is certainly worth something, but it would almost certainly be worth a lot more if he started it up, posted some video of it running, etc.

I sometimes wonder if some guys have owned too many bikes and feel like they have "seen it all". Maybe they kinda lose their mojo after awhile. Imaging what fun a few regular XS enthusiasts would have if they had that bike in their garage, and some buddies came over to check it out, and get it started for the first time in a long while. They'd have a blast! Makes me kinda feel sorry for the seller, who can't seem to feel that enthusiasm anymore.

Buying and flipping bikes kills the motorcycling soul. Working on them for a living may do the same thing.

I contacted the seller to tell him his listing was wrong and it's been updated, originally it was listed as a 71 with a load of spool about the bike, now been listed as a 77 with an 80's motor fitted, so a pointless thread now.

OK then, the seller now says it's a '77 with an '83 engine that has a Shell750 kit in it as well as all manner of other goodies.
Mind you, the ad header still says it's a '71 and the engine cover is from an earlier model that didn't have an oil level sight glass.

Back