XS Southeast -Sept

jetmechmarty

Project collector
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Formerly Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Rally, now hosted by XS11.com.
If this fits your schedule, we'd love to have a few XS650's. Or run what ya brung!
It's held in Stecoah, NC, not far from Deals Gap, last weekend in Sept.
http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42988
http://www.facebook.com/XSSoutheast
http://ironhorsenc.com/

10690308_770966819643936_5697189688803724572_n.jpg

If any of you interested parties are going to the Meltdown today, I'll be there later this afternoon wearing the red ball rally shirt. Signing off and leaving now.

Thanks for the heads up! A SE trip is in the cards for fall so this might fit in.
Works well with Barbers Vintage Fest on Oct 9 10 11

Having you there will be fantastic! Rides are pretty well set up and the tee shirt design has been finalized. If the weather tries to drown us, Wheels Through Time is a fifty mile ride away. If you're staying in the area, you should plan a day there anyway. This museum is like no other.

I've been checking out the roads and other than the Moonshiner having a few tar snakes and a little rough spot at Highlands, we're in great shape!

I'll be heading over to the Barber Vintage Fest myself. After attending these events, you'll be back!

If you'd like to do this and you have a custom bike that isn't conducive to an all day ride, there's a shortcut directly to Cashiers where we meet for lunch. That road is as much fun as any in the area and you butt will be relieved of a lot of miles.

WOW.....:bike:....talk about a win win. It just doesn't get any better for this part of the country.

Iron Horse...if you've never been there....you won't regret taking the time to check it out. They treat you like family and it's such a wonderful location.

Cashiers, Highlands.....along beautiful Hwy 64. Places like Dry and Bridal Veil falls. Just about any road getting there is a GREAT ride.

Lunch in Cashiers???? I love the BBQ place along Hwy 64 inside the city limits....best ribs ever.

I've spent a LOT of time in that area.....and try to make an early summer meet over in Hiawassee (which takes me right through the area) Lived and worked on a project at WCU which put me on those roads for three years.....man oh man that's some GREAT riding.

IMO.....In that area, the only place that even comes close to Iron horse is TWOS.....but that's another story.

Wheels through time?????? Dale and his crew are another group that treat you like family and it's a place you'll NEVER forget.

If work permits....count me in. If nothing's changed....since I'd be tent camping, there used to be no need to call ahead....just show up and set up under the trees by the creek.

Got my fingers crossed I can make this one.

Gordon in NC

1975 XS 650B dead stock runner...it's a bit scruffy but I love it
1975 XS 650B pile-o-parts....maybe one of these days...I've been collecting parts.

Gordon, I hope you can make it. You are correct about the camping. You only need to call a few days ahead to arrange Fri/Sat dinner. Our Saturday lunch is planned for Carolina Smokehouse assuming they're still there in September. You may join us for your favorite ribs. Sunday lunch is planned for the Telli-Cafe in Tellico Plains, TN. If enough of us remain, the Iron Horse will offer Sunday dinner.

The rides will include Moonshiner, Blue Ridge Parkway, Hellbender, Tail of the Dragon and Cherohala Skyway. Plan to stay until Monday morning.

I think this will work with my calendar. I did a ride with the VJMC thru there a couple of years ago on a $200 KZ400 I had just purchased and had put all of 30 miles on.
It was an adventure...

I think this will work with my calendar. I did a ride with the VJMC thru there a couple of years ago on a $200 KZ400 I had just purchased and had put all of 30 miles on.
It was an adventure...

Jim,

There will be a group riding up from Atlanta and a meet-up in Cornelia. Arrival is planned for 3 pm. PM me for that info or in this thread: http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?p=467180#post467180

Once I get a price on the tee shirts, I may start a seperate thread for that.

Marty......sounds GREAT and I had a feeling about the smokehouse...I can't tell you how many times I've eaten there.

Thanks for the reminder about dinner at the Horse......the prime rib.....melts in your mouth.

I'll keep my fingers crossed I can make it....I'm on a project at work that has me pretty much tied up....but a man can only hope that changes.

Take care and I'm keeping an eye on this thread and a T-shirt thread if you start one.

Gordon

11695768_972115029529113_434431484092047348_n.jpg

The 2015 XS Southeast Rally tee design is complete. It's Dark/Navy blue with white print. Short sleeve $10, Long sleeve $13. Add $1 for XXL. Send your request to xsseshirt@laser134.com Pick up your shirt at the rally. They will be mailed for an additional $5.35 Send payment via PayPal xsseshirt@laser134.com

It might be helpful when you make your request to let me know you're an XS650.com member and what your handle is.

Since this meet was originally Vintage Japanese Motorcycle meet, do other brands still participate?.
Is there a similar meet up/weekend concentrating on XS 650's anywhere this summer/fall?

Thank you, weather here even in southern Ontario in October can get dicey. September is golden.

XS Southeast has been primarily XS1100 since the beginning, because that's who showed up and who keeps it going and growing. We would love to have other vintage riders participate, particularly XS and XJ series bikes. You are welcome to join the fun with whatever you choose to ride, be it new or old.

The Yamaha 650 Society Smoky Mountain Dogwood Rally has a new home for 2016. We'll be at TWoS in Suches, GA 15-17 April. I'll make another post about that later.

Meanwhile, get on your XS650 and bring it to XS Southeast!

I still have this one on the radar. Shirt's paid for and I've already put the bug in my project manager's ear.

I'll be easy to find in the campground......think "Beverly Hillbillys" :laugh:

I'm looking forward to shaking a few hands and meeting a few new folks.

2016......the only place I can think of that's as good a place to hang out at on a motorcycle as Iron Horse........is TWOS. :thumbsup:

Beautiful country to ride on two wheels......beautiful I tell ya.

See ya there?????? Gordon in NC

1975 XS650B......a little ratty But I love it just the same.:bike:

Back