XS Special Exhaust and Kirker Exhaust tips...looks and sounds pretty good, I think

Brassneck

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
So I've been looking to change up the exhaust on my XS for a while as I'm running the stock '79 special pipes, which sound kind of flat to me. I have been leaning towards reverse cones for both sound and to open up the flow a bit, better performance, weight savings, etc. But so far I haven't really wanted to spend the $ and quite frankly, the bike is running so good I really don't want to mess with the jetting changes that will have to be done with new pipes. (Yes, a little lazy).

So a few days ago I stumbled upon a set of Kerker Exhaust tips for sale on CL. They are meant for 3.5" Kirker exhausts, and looked to be almost new...it so happens they fit pretty great on the ends of stock special pipes...and after a little haggling, got them for a good price.

Finally got them on (with some set screws...I may rivet them if these don't hold)...here's a quick video. So for now, I think I may have found my solution...at least for looks/sound.

Note: I also found them on Ebay...but they're a bit pricey I think.

Back