XS1 Headlamp Lens

Grewth

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I've been lucky enough to pick up a perfect headlamp shell and chromed rim, but this sorry looking item is all that remains of the original lens unit.
It took me a little while to fathom out exactly what had been going on here.
A P.O. has cut down the reflector, then glued a more modern H4 unit to it with silicone sealant.
Not good engineering pratice to my mind.
I really don't fancy the prospect of hitting the brakes and having my headlamp unit fly down the road in front of me.
Especially at night.
New items are apparently NLA, so I'm looking for a better way to mount a H4 lens, preferably something that uses bolts/screws/rivets to retain the unit.

Attachments

• 20220620_211800.jpg
    20220620_211800.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220620_211735.jpg
    20220620_211735.jpg
    386.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20220620-184712.jpg
    Screenshot_20220620-184712.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 67
This is what I use on my XS2s. Uses a H4 bulb. You do loose the left/right adjustment. Since I very rarely ride at night not a problem. When I have rode after dark it worked well enough on low beam.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OMEPEU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 View attachment 216863
Ahhh !
So I assume that you have fixed the new unit directly to the chrome rim, and not used the pivot brackets.
I'd not thought of that.
I think I could live with loosing horizontal adjustment

Many Thanks!
Not wanting to have stuff shipped across the Atlantic unless absolutely neccessary, I've ordered 10 genuine Lucas W clips off eBay.
I've just had a horrible thought that fitting Lucas parts to my Yamaha might cause a sort of jinxing effect, where all the electrical parts fail in short succession.

I've just had a horrible thought that fitting Lucas parts to my Yamaha might cause a sort of jinxing effect, where all the electrical parts fail in short succession.
Do you ever fly on commercial jets? Many have Rolls Royce engines. Guess what! They have Lucas parts on them! :laugh:

For the record, it doesn't stop me and I like them just fine. :bike:
1655821662257.png

Prince of Darkness equipped.

Many Thanks!
Not wanting to have stuff shipped across the Atlantic unless absolutely neccessary, I've ordered 10 genuine Lucas W clips off eBay.
Your XS won't need any help from Lucas in that regard.

Back