XS1 Mudguards/Fenders

Grewth

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Is anyone making or selling replica mudguards for these bikes yet ?
My mudguards are tired but the prices I've seen for new ones are just beyond the pale.
About £850 for a new front guard once you've bought all the bits.
I can't find a new rear guard but I've seen a perfect used one advertised for over £200.
I've sort of got used to paying OTT prices for rare bits of Japanese bikes, but that is ridiculous.
Surely they could be reproduced using an English Wheel .
It seems to work well enough for British motorcycles

Is anyone making or selling replica mudguards for these bikes yet ?
My mudguards are tired but the prices I've seen for new ones are just beyond the pale.
About £850 for a new front guard once you've bought all the bits.
I can't find a new rear guard but I've seen a perfect used one advertised for over £200.
I've sort of got used to paying OTT prices for rare bits of Japanese bikes, but that is ridiculous.
Surely they could be reproduced using an English Wheel .
It seems to work well enough for British motorcycles

I don’t know what kind of build you’re doing. If you are open to non OEM, try Googling aluminum motorcycle fenders, there are lots of them out there that can be adapted, you might see something that’ll work ?

I've got a matching numbers XS1B that is 99% standard or rather it will be when it's all done.
I'm not above using things like pattern exhaust systems or seats there really isn't much option now.
But I'd like original looking mudguards not something generic

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361406385448
Here is a brand new reproduction fender for the 1973-75 RD250 and RD350.
Contact the seller through eBay (located in Thailand), and ask them to make a reproduction XS1 fender.

Back