Wanted - XS1 original tool kit and more

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
GUDDAY ALL,
Well my XS1 rebuild is well under way here in the frozen freakin true north strong and free, and with replating, anodising, galvanising and powder coating companies Managers all preparing for a trip to Hawaii on my dime, I am down to the details, and need the following....
1. Original tool kit
2. Original owners manuel
3. battery strap
4. tool kit strap
5. Original seat [or even an original metal pan]
6. a green left hand headlight ear [doesnt have to be perfect but must be not bent]. I have two LH but they are both badly bent.
7. A green headlight shell. Must be decent, but not perfect.
PM me at Edmonton Canada
Thanks Ya'll......
the-oz-slider

xs1newpaint001.jpg

Beautiful, Mine's in similar shape, except I put the engine back in last weekend. Polished and plated all the proper parts, but cant afford to repaint or redo the exhausts, so the rebuild wont be 100% this year.
Where did you get your painting done or were you just lucky to find the tinware still perfect?

Do you have any parts left over?
Thanks
Al

Hey there,
My paint is freshly done, less than 2 weeks old. :)
I havent mounted the sidecover chrome trim and emblems yet so that why they arent on the bike in the picture. There is a guy in Wisconsin that does my pro paint work for me. $1300 -$1600 for all 8 pieces, includes all body work, stripping, prep, tank de-rusting & new liner. Do you need some paint work done ?

Does your XS1 have the proper front forks with the giant outer springs under the gaitor boots? Or are your forks the internal spring type ?

The bottom end of my motor is taped up and just needs the upper case cover painted.
The top end is about ready and is waiting for the bottom end. :)
tapedmotor002.jpg

xs1closer.jpg

I have an XS1b and XS2 also.
newpics004.jpg

Im the original owner of the XS2 and it has just 4k miles on it.
yamahanewpics007.jpg

I have an oem brand new xs1 front drum brake hub "Polished" Im not using. I'd need a lot of money for it if I sold it plus I have some other parts left over for the 70-72 yamahas.
I have another XS2 frame titled in my name but I havent done anything with it yet.

I was just hoping to find an excellent condition speedometer and tachometer. :thumbsup:

I have several of the yamaha tools from the tool kits.
I havent ever checked to see if I have everything to make a complete yamaha tool kit.
Actually I have 2 of the yamaha tool kits but again Im not sure if I have everything to make a complete tool kit. These tools are just in my several different scattered tool boxes and stuff.
Soaking the heavily soiled tools from the tool kits in phosphoric acid for a short time should clean them down to the grey metal. I dont have the Tool kit bags.

I just havent thought about putting the tool kits together and storing with the bikes.
But I suppose that would bring things closer to 100% original.
:)

On the fork ears you need,............
The correct xs1 fork ears are DIFFERENT from the xs1b & xs2 fork ears.
The XS1 fork ears are tappered and wider at the bottom because they go specifically with the giant outer spring xs1 forks.
XS1 outer spring forks are super rare and almost impossible to just find somewhere.

So I have an extra set of Fork Ears for the XS1b / xs2 bikes.
The fork ears are the same width at the top and bottom.
So what type of fork ears did you need my friend ?

Last edited:
A few pictures showing the differences between the XS1 & xs1b/xs2 fork ears/trims/reflector stays.
Item11110-4P.jpg

stays003.jpg

stays001.jpg

stays004.jpg

The extra pais of xs1b/xs2 fork ears I have are "candy orange" and need repainted to whatever color desired.

My forks are the proper and original with the boots and large outside springs. I have everything correct in terms of reflector mounts, tapered fork ears etc , but Im looking for a set of reasonable original [tapered] green fork ears and headlight bucket. Im actually trying to save painting as I want the bike to have a nice patina. I have four red headlight buckets and numerous different coloured ears [both straight and tapered] but none in green in real good shape.

But I live in hope. Im out of the country for 2 weeks, but will post some pics when I get back.
Al

Scobman, Your workshop looks exactly like mine..
Love your bikes......
Im chasing down an XS1B with allegedly 700 km's on it at present.
Al

lol, so you mean your workshop is in one of your spare bedrooms and in the kitchen too ?
Just get what you have painted.
I know who can match the paint color to the OEM "Candy Green"
Or learn yourself how to paint.
I have a spare xs1 Black headlight bucket too.

Whats a Patina ?

Wait, are you canadian or a brit ?
Gudday & Kms are unamerican.

I like confirming views about world politics too when I have a chance.
Agreeing with others on how the globalist are screwing us all.
The rebels in Libya, nobody knows who they are but we want to help them.
Actually the rebels are a covert CIA front group trying a military coup.
And everybody in the usa on TV is lying about everything.

Actually Im from Australia, 20+ years in Canada.......

Im a really goood spray painter, but wouldnt touch doing a job like that, as I want it perfect whenI do get around to painting it.

I have 13 other bikes Im working on----1969 R5- 350 twin, 1948 Francis barnett, 1969 Kawi Bighorn 350 trail bike, 1977 Huskyvarna 250 MX, I own a fuly restored 1971 Triumph Bonneville, 1980 XS1100, 1977 DT100 Yam, just bought a 1969 Norton Fastback and more I cant even remember.
PM me your email. Im in New Zealand for 10 days seeing my brand new grand daughter but will be up and on the airwaves when I get back.
Al

Patina is reasonable age related wear such as smoothly worn paint on the frame, greyed aluminium, creased seat leather, that sort of thing.

Al

Back