Xs1100 purchase

As an old CL hound, yes that bike/owner seems like a good candidate. My first question would be about second gear. He's not crazy on price if it doesn't have the second gear issue. If it DOES pop out of second IMHO Game over, keep looking. The 11's are BIG, HEAVY, TALL bikes.
From the description I bet you can find the owner/bike on the XS1100 forum that might give you some more background on the bike. That forum is quite good by the way, had an 1100 or 3 spent some time, got some advice there.

Hi Robby,
XS11 is big, heavy, thirsty, goes like a train, shifts like a Russian tractor and runs out of brakes and handling way before it runs out of power.
You are going to love it.
BTW, the 2nd gear thing is quite common if the bike's POs have been pulling 2nd gear wheelies but it's an easy fix.
Looks like a decent example at a reasonable asking price, show the man $1200 cash but keep $200 in another pocket if you fall in love with it.
Like Gary sez, sign up with the XS11 site, we are a helpful bunch too.

Hi Robby,
XS11 is big, heavy, thirsty, goes like a train, shifts like a Russian tractor and runs out of brakes and handling way before it runs out of power.
You are going to love it.

My thoughts exactly.

From what the ad states, the owner has made a lot of mods/improvements. If I was looking for a stockish 79 special, this would be the bike to get. I also encourage you to sign up on the XS11 forum. Great people and it has never let me down on info.

Back