For Sale - XS2 Engine & Carbs

Tyler34t5p6

UWANT12
Reaction score
went and picked up a xs650 locally but when I got it home and actually looked at it I noticed it was a bit different from the later models. I plan on trying my hand at a bottom up rebuild with many new upgrades as I go however the purist in me would rather this find someone who would like to use it on their xs2 restoration. Engine turns freely carbs are getting a quick soak at the moment but they all slid freely before disassembly and only soaking them because I'm a bit anal with cleaning carbs in the winter months as I have nothing else to do while it snows. I'd prefer not to ship the engine and deal with that so hopefully someone in the Midwest would like to take it off my hands. I paid $250 for it all and will still only ask $250 if someone is in need of it. Would be interested in a trade for a later motor and carbs or a set of vm carbs / pamco / Pma system or anything Hugh makes. Hardtail would also be accepted.

Having trouble getting the pics on here from my phone. Message me if interested with your cell number. I'll shoot them to ya. Or tonight I will get on the computer to put them on.

Yes it is complete. Good compression. I haven't dug into the motor yet to tell you if it has major ploblems or not. But the previous owner claimed it came off a running bike. I've been soaking the carbs this week so they will be nice and clean when I pull them out this weekend. Where are you located?

I'm in Sioux Falls, SD. My situation, recently retired, I have an XS-1 that is starting to make expense noises. The XS-2 would be a bolt in. I also have a 1976 XS-650 C that was my primary ride until last fall ( engine knock) . Are you interested in a swap for the 76, comes with a 1975 parts motor. Well over a thousand bucks invested the the 1976. Nice stock bike. I'd prefer to keep the 1970 but don't want to do a complete overhaul. This "fixed income" stuff is tough to get used to!

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-7_17-57-38.png
    upload_2017-1-7_17-57-38.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 177
Back