XS2 Gas tank and Frame?

Ash

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive got a 1972 XS2 and someone is wanting to buy the gas tank and frame off me. Considering the age its in fairly good nick. The tank doesnt have the badges though. Can anyone suggest how much you think the frame and the tank are worth?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpeg
    s-l1600.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 221
The bike in that condition is worth a lot of $. Breaking the bike up, in my opinion, is sacrificing a really good restoration project. Please keep as a complete bike Ash, once the tank and frame are gone....well it's a dead bike :(

Someone tell me where in the heck Huddersfield is?
England? There's a dutch guy buying early XS stuff.
A trade for a later bike would help you dodge a lot of grief with trying to find hop up parts for an early bike.

England yeah! Who's this Dutch guy and where can I find him haha
A trade for a later bike would help you dodge a lot of grief with trying to find hop up parts for an early bike.

England yeah! Who's this Dutch guy and where can I find him haha

The bike in that condition is worth a lot of $. Breaking the bike up, in my opinion, is sacrificing a really good restoration project. Please keep as a complete bike Ash, once the tank and frame are gone....well it's a dead bike :(

I would agree too on keeping it whole, there not making any more. That said I did part out a 1972 but it was in nowhere that condition. Had sat in a leaking shed for many years, engine was more or less green from what ever was growing on it. Actually still have frame and tank but they are not as nice looking as those in the picture. Also no title so that is another negative. Every bit of chrome pealing and pitted. Most of the usable parts have been passed on to help make other bikes whole again. The latest was the little retaining rings for the top of the forks, seems someone lost one!

I would have to agree on keeping this bike as whole as possible. I know a picture can be deceiving but that bike looks too nice to part out, a front fender and it looks like it would be ready to go.

That said I did part out a 1972, well still have a few parts, but that one had sat in a leaking shed for about 20 years. There was not a place on that bike that was not rusted or peeling off the chrome, engine had a green tint to it and gauges were puffed up like popcorn! I do still have the tank and frame of that one, but no title so that is another major problem at least in this state in the USA. Most of the salvageable parts have found new homes helping in projects around the world. Last thing were the retaining rings that replaced a couple lost parts on a project just a few weeks ago. Forget off the top of my head what else is still there but if anyone has needs let me know and I'll take a look. I do know that rims are bad but if someone needed a hub I might have those, would need much work to clean up.

That is the bike as I got it in the avatar to the left, picture does not do the condition justice. If someone wants a better image let me know! It is sad.

Hi Ash ,rough as it is you could get around £1500 for the entire bike,tank looks like it has been repainted and the seat is not original but it's worth restoring to original ,once you split it up its gone forever.

Back