1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Xs2 seat handle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prmurat, Sep 29, 2011.

Tags:
  1. prmurat

prmurat XS650 Enthusiast

It seems that my XS2 seat does not have holes to fix the rear handle ... What is only on the xs1 & B ?
    Thanks
    Philippe

2. Stone Hands

Stone Hands XS650 Enthusiast

No. My 1972 xs2 seat does have 2 bolt threaded bolt holes at the rear of the seat underneath. I bought a Mikes xs replacement seat as mine was beyound repair and it too came with the same bolt holes. I bought the grab and bolts and seat from them. Very happy with all of it.

3. prmurat

prmurat XS650 Enthusiast

Thanks for your answer.., I guess I'll buy one from Mike (after having mine redone...) but if you look around it seems that the handle is not always on the XS2, a lot of them seems to have an early TX650 seat like mine.
    Philippe

4. Stone Hands

Stone Hands XS650 Enthusiast

Good point. I am not sure how the TX is different. Mine is a XS2, red and white, totally stock and both the original seat and the Mikes replecement seat have the holes to bolt the grab bar to. The replacement seat was a dead on match. Looks great. My original seat had rusted out in the pan and although looked ok was just waiting to fall apart.

5. prmurat

prmurat XS650 Enthusiast

Just ordered one ... My xs2 looks like completely original but... The seat is more TX, the carbs XS1, and more than I am discovering ad I'll go along!
    Philippe