whiskeywulvz666

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys I've posted on here before about an XS2 that a buddy had. well, now it's mine and it's time to start in earnest.
I ordered the top tree nut off ebay the other day and that should finish off the frontend issues.
The bike was hardtailed by the previous owner and I wanna run a disc rear. Is there a certain one that works best for the xs?
Also, since I have to rewire the entire bike, is it best to order new relays and such or give the old ones a shot? I am gonna order the points and condersors soon, I've had old hondas before so Im not even gonna waste time on those.
Any headaches you guys with XS2s can help me steer clear of would be welcome as well.

Hi whiskey,
I'd say a stock XS650 disk rear wheel & brake system would be the easiest thing to install.
Although you'd have to accept the looks of the 16" cast aluminum wheel as I don't think there are any XS650 rear disk wire wheels.
If you are considering replacing any of the original electrical components, some list members have found automotive parts that work better and cost less.
I've only seen posts about it so the search button will be your friend.

Back