xs250

The 400('s) I had were pretty buzzy in the bars and pegs, but it was the buzz you get from a 180° twin... wasn't bad at all. A good carb sync might clean some of that up?
my guess is the carbs , they look fairly rank from the outside , maybe clean / rebuild and new diaphams in their future , po says put a electronic ign on it so maybe a check to see if its the right one , good to know about the vibrations being fairly norm , as you said a carb syn might help a lot , tossing up ideas of a mukuni swap till i saw the price .. au$585 for the compleate kit change over .. mmm .. think might start with the rebuild

quick update , been parts hunting ,found starter motor repair kit and starter clutch r/kit and full engine gasket kit (turns out starter trouble is common , typical yam starters ) from yambits in uk , set diaphrams from another mob in uk , carb rebuild kit for both of the carbsfrom cruzinmage in japan , so parts are around , just got to look hard , wish had a dollar for every hr spend on the computor chasing parts but a lot better than pre computor days , carb kit for both carbs from cruz usa$24/ au$32 ,,, from yamaha aust no kit but had needle and seat assemperly au$60 ea and bowl gasket au$22 ea ... hell of a difference especially since yam would have to put on back order from japan ..and dealerships complain about people not buying their parts etc from them

done belive it ,the parts ordered from yambits , sent by fedx paying big bucks ....6th dec left uk .. arrived sydney 9th dec .. 9th dec customs release .. advice notice arrival destination 15th .. no parts so made inquiry, then notified delayed with no update on location of parts or delivery date , just now sent another inquiry but must now wait 2 biz days for reply ... great 2 biz days over xmas / new year period .. how long is that going to take ... AAARRR ...what did i pay the big bucks for .. wonder how long the parts from cruz in japan will take ... rant over .. except xmas and the bug or not this is not acceptable especially for the money paid for express shipping

I have also been sprinting to the mailbox staring down into Black emptiness Looking like a fool .
for a while
Wondering where the Transistors are .
A lot of shipments and few there working rest on Sick leave .. Even trains are cancelled.
That usually in Christmas leads to harsh words. But a bit less this year .
People seems to accept the situation.
Worst case everything can be cancelled any day

just a good heads up for yambits uk . still no parts and dispite 2 emails to fedex asking for location of parts got no reply , got onto yambits who also sent a couple of where the fk are they emails with no reply except that they (fedex) were launching a investigation and nothing else ... yambits have now said they will send replacement parts instead of waiting longer on fedex as after all this time could presumed to be lost ... good to see a company standing behind their name (not like one that shall remain nameless besides fedex that is)

Back