XS360 front fender on XS650?

drgonzo

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if this might work? I have an 18" rim on the front of my bike and wondered if I might be able to bolt on a fender from an XS360. Anyone know if the fork tubes are the same distance apart as the 650?
I've been eyeing one on ebay, plastic fender with metal side mounts.

Anyone know if this might work? I have an 18" rim on the front of my bike and wondered if I might be able to bolt on a fender from an XS360. Anyone know if the fork tubes are the same distance apart as the 650?
I've been eyeing one on ebay, plastic fender with metal side mounts.
It sounds like you’re the guinea pig. Is the 360 fork at the bottom of the axle? Leading axle fork it won’t fit.

I'm pretty sure the 360 wheel hub is a little narrower so the distance between the fork legs may be less as well. Maybe you could post this question over on our sister site, XS400.com? Maybe you can get a definitive answer there.

Yes, but we don't own or drive the bike that fender is from.

I know, so sending me to the 400 forum was sound advice. I wasn't being sarcastic. I made a post over there.

Bought an XS650 front hub that turned out to be narrower than the XS650 hub. Same axle size because i bought it with an Axle and speedo drive that fitted another XS650 front hub i have.

Did a lot of research and asked questions on here, (no help from the site), and the only bike i found it could come from was the XS360. problem with that was the XS360 is a 77/78 year and the hubs came with a plasic cover for the side that didn't have the rotor on it, the hub i bought had the early chrome plate that is used on the 74-76 Xs650 hubs.

All holes, (rotor), will swap in XS650 rotors. early XS250's had mag wheels, later XS400 had mag wheels, (to my knowledge), XS500 has a different size bearing for the axle but a bearing (ID), to suit an XS650 axle, can be put in if i recall, (5twins will be able to confirm as he knows these inside out), but the Small hub i have the OD of the hub bearing is the same as the XS650.

Overall the small hub, (XS360??), is 6mm narrower than the XS650/XS750 front hub.

What does this have to do with the guard...........If the hub is an XS360 then the forks on the XS360 are 6mm narrower than the XS650.
Copyright Clipboard ,,,.jpg
Copyright Clipboard ,,.jpg
Copyright Clipboard.jpg

Back