XS650 at the Rumble On The Deck bike show - Stillwater, MN - July 8th, 2010

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this xs650 at the Rumble on the deck bike show in Stillwater, MN on the 8th. I'm not sure if it's been posted here before or not, but I thought I'd share some pictures that I took with my phone.

Attachments

• 2010-07-08 19.20.01.jpg
    2010-07-08 19.20.01.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 854
  • 2010-07-08 19.19.42.jpg
    2010-07-08 19.19.42.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,002
  • 2010-07-08 19.20.52.jpg
    2010-07-08 19.20.52.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 642
  • 2010-07-08 19.21.49.jpg
    2010-07-08 19.21.49.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 656
  • 2010-07-08 19.20.37.jpg
    2010-07-08 19.20.37.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 583
theres also an article about it in the last issue of The Horse backstreet choppers magazine

That bike is very unique because it actually draws air in via the long pipes sticking out the back, the motor compresses it and the spark causes a chemical change in the compressed air causing it to turn into a combustible vapor which is exhaled into the carburators which convert the vapor to a liquid which is then pushed into the two cylindrical tanks. The tanks fill quickly and must be emptied frequently or an explosion may occur!

That bike is very unique because it actually draws air in via the long pipes sticking out the back, the motor compresses it and the spark causes a chemical change in the compressed air causing it to turn into a combustible vapor which is exhaled into the carburators which convert the vapor to a liquid which is then pushed into the two cylindrical tanks. The tanks fill quickly and must be emptied frequently or an explosion may occur!

Thats whats goin on! I knew something was different about this bike!

:doh:

Seems like the hottest part of the head sees the least airflow. Might get a ram air effect though.

:wtf: how's it running on fresh air?, it's just a variation on the old reverse head triumph drag bikes, isn't it? much easier to do with triumphs just put the cams in ass about face and the top end will just spin round,

That mod might work fine in Minnesohta, but down here in Texas on a hot summer day, the motor would probably quickly become toast. There's a really good reason for putting the exhausts in the front.

Oops, kinda missed the obvious fact it's a drag bike. In that case, never mind. :D

- we dont get the horse over here, if anyone gets it would they mind scanning me a copy of the article? ... thx

Scroll down this link and it gives a detailed pictorial and script on this mod.

Attachments

• awolfskill2.jpg
    awolfskill2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 537
On the tag it said it was in the drag bike category, but also said, show only... So I don't think it ever hits the drag strip.

I recall in The Horse article, it had never been raced at that time....Think he knowingly took a cue from the reverse-head Triumph guys and just built this for fun and to be different! Cool build I say, will add it to the list of future bikes I would like to build but prolly never will....

Craig

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back