XS650 build off and wrap up party?

I would be happy to "sponsor" this build off with a few prizes from HHB - and if interested the final meeting spot could be here at the shop, just a few miles from Tail Of The Dragon and a few other really great back roads.. I'd be happy to get involved, I love garage builds!

Hugh

I'm still working on my build and might be interested, depending on location.

I would be happy to "sponsor" this build off with a few prizes from HHB - and if interested the final meeting spot could be here at the shop, just a few miles from Tail Of The Dragon and a few other really great back roads.. I'd be happy to get involved, I love garage builds!

Hugh

Killer!

Posted via Mobile

Of course I just finished my build.... ha sounds awesome though.

start a new one thats what im do'n...lol

Hugh

thanx man i'll get with you on that final spot idea.

PLZ READ THREW THIS THINGS HAVE CHANGED ALITTLE from my 1st post

Ok, So after a few P.M.’s and a few guys that what in but cant get to the east to EZ. I’ve the rules and There’s go’n to be 2 classes. for first class it’s Rider the number of builders 10 (or what every I get) and for the 2nd video class there will be 10 builders also. That guys that said there in for the build can P.M. with what class you want 2 be in. and ALL others must send me a Email or PM of what you plan to build and what class you’d would like it be in. send email TO Mcgriff@rock.com its helps if you send emails do to the limited amount of PM’s you can get on here. All the builds will start the first of november.
Both classes are for XS650 powerd scooters. it’s a all XS shootout for the builds but any bike is welcome to go on the run and party with us at the event. Builds fresh or get parts around stage NO half built project just to keep things fair. Frames can be built just NO real work like mounts and tabs for fenders tanks unless the P.O. put them there.

1st class is the Rider the builds that have to be at the event.

2nd is a video class this will be the site only vote and the prize will not be as big as if you come to the event.

Rider Class: rules

1) The bike has to make the ride to the party from a detremned spot and time that I will be set later.

2) If the bike doesn’t make the run it will not be up for vote’n

3) You must post one Update a month. No update your out!

Video Class:

1) This class will be alittle different but NOT for trailer Queen’s

2) The bike will be built in the same time frame as the riders but must at the end of the build you must make a 5min. video of the bike run’n and ride’n. (No clip shows with the newest hard rock song in the background). In the video you give 1min run down of your bike (tell us about it) then start, run and ride(on the road not down your driveway) in the rest of the 4min. if the bike can’t do this it will be out of the voting

3) You must post one Update a month. No update your out!
The rider class will have a 1st-3rd with prizes and awards give out at the event.
The video class will be winner takes all. That means there can be only one. The prize will be some cool shop art or parts that have been donated

There with be a long ride award for the guy or girl that has the longest trip to get to the event, some cool shop art and a $100 gas card should get a few more to show.

Now for the rider class swag and prizes. Money talks and bullshit walks so I’m go’n to pony up some of my own cash here
For the 1st place winner $200+ swag
For the 2nd place winner $100 + swag
For the 3rd place winner $50 + swag

I know that’s not a lot but I’m just one guy and I’m got to pay for some of the other crap that goes along with an event like this.

The ride will be around this time next year. I have to get things on that worked out yet.

I may add a best in show site vote for an overall winner later but this is what is go’n on for now.

Last edited:
well I'm freekin upset. I guess I'm out of this contest!:shrug: I aint waitin till November to start.:mad: I was goin to start this week but I was waiting to see how this was going to work. GL to all

Last edited:
If I read correctly, anyone can ride in just for the event? I'm tentatively planning a bike trip around this time next year, one destination being the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham, Alabama. But as much as I'd like to be able to ride my XS across country, I'll more likely be on my Bonneville. If that's kosher, then I'll try to make it.

What clss you enter would depend on the site of the get together? Do you have a site picked out yet?
im work'n the event the site itself with help from a few others here i will have info on the event by next week!

This will be fun.
hell it's go'n to kickass!

I'm still in.

Posted via Mobile

cool had one fall out already and we didnt even start yet. he was ready to build rite now! and just cant wait. but i hop carbon makes the trip to hangout.

If I read correctly, anyone can ride in just for the event? I'm tentatively planning a bike trip around this time next year, one destination being the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham, Alabama. But as much as I'd like to be able to ride my XS across country, I'll more likely be on my Bonneville. If that's kosher, then I'll try to make it.

im a trump fan! any and all bikes are welcome for sure. the build off bikes have to be XS is all.

so it's NW ohio for this one. the 24th and 25th on august next year the ride will run threw some little town's and hit some indy shop's and water'n holes then well make a camp some where and party. i have to line up the shops and camp site but thats ez. this is go'n to happen if me and the other to builders in rider class are it but i'd love for there to be a few more hope now you guys are thinking alittle more about it.

Anyone else want in?

i've just started a build (tear down) and would love to get in on this. my work schedule is tough to get away that time of year and i'd hate to have to back out. nw ohio is definitely 'in the neighborhood' too...

i've just started a build (tear down) and would love to get in on this. my work schedule is tough to get away that time of year and i'd hate to have to back out. nw ohio is definitely 'in the neighborhood' too...

come on man you can do it. hell i work ten hr days 5 to 6 days a week plus i got a 1 1/2 year kid and i did it for the horse's ACO last year and trust me the time is enough. and this is just the push most people need to get there scooters go'n. i got alot of cool shit for prizes for this. plus you get to meet some of the guys from here and other forums that are come'n you may know.there's no more better tech advise then what you get from be'n around a camp fire with a good cold brew and XS guys rite :cheers:

Last edited:
Back