XS650 build off and wrap up party?

So who am I up against in the pic/video class?!

Its too bad i live on the other side of north america, or I would for sure be riding the bike down.

But that doesn't mean a little friendly long distance competition wont hurt!

Originally Posted by deadchef
quote:
i've just started a build (tear down) and would love to get in on this. my work schedule is tough to get away that time of year and i'd hate to have to back out. nw ohio is definitely 'in the neighborhood' too...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Irish_prick
quote:
come on man you can do it. hell i work ten hr days 5 to 6 days a week plus i got a 1 1/2 year kid and i did it for the horse's ACO last year and trust me the time is enough. and this is just the push most people need to get there scooters go'n. i got alot of cool shit for prizes for this. plus you get to meet some of the guys from here and other forums that are come'n you may know.there's no more better tech advise then what you get from be'n around a camp fire with a good cold brew and XS guys rite
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the build started nov 01?

tron it's yamachop :eek: yeah the guy with the turbo EFI xs650 street fihter. he builds cool and off wall stuff and get'n cool custom XS's out there is one of the reasons way i wanted to do this.

im still want'n of someone to tell me there build'n a vintage style cafe and they want in the rider class.

Originally Posted by deadchef
quote:
i've just started a build (tear down) and would love to get in on this. my work schedule is tough to get away that time of year and i'd hate to have to back out. nw ohio is definitely 'in the neighborhood' too...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Irish_prick
quote:
come on man you can do it. hell i work ten hr days 5 to 6 days a week plus i got a 1 1/2 year kid and i did it for the horse's ACO last year and trust me the time is enough. and this is just the push most people need to get there scooters go'n. i got alot of cool shit for prizes for this. plus you get to meet some of the guys from here and other forums that are come'n you may know.there's no more better tech advise then what you get from be'n around a camp fire with a good cold brew and XS guys rite
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought the build started nov 01?

it's does. you just cant be move'n forward on the build put'n shit 2gether. i dont care if you want to start with rider or a heep of parts. that up to you as long as your not realy build'n anything b4 nov 1st its fine. You want back in?

it's does. you just cant be move'n forward on the build put'n shit 2gether. i dont care if you want to start with rider or a heep of parts. that up to you as long as your not realy build'n anything b4 nov 1st its fine. You want back in?

Yep I want in.
It would have to be the video. as your choice for the ride, if it is near your home town Ada, Ohio is 1200 miles from my home.
But I may have to disqualify myself if I can't restrain from building."but I don't have a problem with that if You don't"
I will start with disassembly and engine work if that Okay.

tron it's yamachop :eek: yeah the guy with the turbo EFI xs650 street fihter. he builds cool and off wall stuff and get'n cool custom XS's out there is one of the reasons way i wanted to do this.

im still want'n of someone to tell me there build'n a vintage style cafe and they want in the rider class.

Bring it on yamachop! Im ready for ya!

This is going to be so much fun! OOOOee!

And to anyone who doesnt think they have time.. Im starting 3 months later then everyone else as ill be in indonesia for the first couple months, going to full time school (fab school no less!) , and working 35+ hours a week.. But that doesn't phase me! Ill be broke as hell, busy as hell, building my xs all to hell!

I'm in as well...I've started my build prior to this...but only to get it running....nothing has been fabricated yet and I'm holding off on that until November. Hoping to get the bike actually running on the road before then so I can work out any mechanical kinks.

so where up to 5 in rider and 3 video this is who's in as of rite now.
rider

Irish_prick(ME)
livingdeadmc
Pov76
Deadchef
Inevitable (yes from texas if nothing else he's in the run'n for the long hual award)

Video

tron
yamaha_chop
I am Carbon

anyone else think'n about it?

lol woot long haul award!!!....seriously though this is my first venture into a custom bike...or actually working on one at all...I'm still looking for parts...if anyone has a lead on a xs750 tank I would greatly appreciate someone helping me out =D.

Found some on ebay...but I would rather go through one of the forum guys as I have had some bad experiences with ebay in the past.

Back