XS650 build off and wrap up party?

Count me in for the video/pic. I'm in Texas, don't think I would want to ride it to Ohio. However, a vacation trip isn't out of the question. I have the donor bike sitting here un-touched.

i got another motor yesturday and i go'n to get my frame next saturday. the leftovers build isn't go'n to work for this one i got to do something alittle driffrent brew'n :D.

thats part of the twist of this thing i'll be post'n a pic of it when i get it home. the guy has two of them and im not sure what way im go'n just yet. but this bikes go'n to be one of a kind for real.

What kinda frame you going with?

Posted via Mobile

so if you've every talk'd with me or seen my other bikes i've done you know i love British bikes and i rework alot of brit parts in most my builds that arent brit and for the build off it will be no diffrent. so here is the start of the frame straight out of Cpt. Rons(my brit parts guy) yard! for real ron trip over it on are way to find me a trump OIF in his back building. the chop off frame is a 71 bsa oif this thing is perfect. as soon as ron said this was the frame design that killed bsa i had to have it. it will be mod'd to fit the xs motor and a few other cool choice parts and idea's.

DSCN0545_zps3a3136e2.jpg

and here is the XS motor i got for 200bucks last saturday

DSCN0543_zps4508c7b5.jpg

can anyone see where this build is go'n? lol

Heres mine....just waiting for that November start. Still have to put it back in the jig to weld the stock neck in and the motor mounts. Its dirty low. 16" seat rails 4" lower frame rails.
photo-93.jpg

My beginnings....

I started the frame and front end way before I knew of this build off...but all work has stopped since enlisting...I've got three complete motors I'll be pooling all of the best parts to make one and I've been sitting on a new set of carbs from mikes...they'll be going on this too.

Attachments

• 507.jpg
    507.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 168
  • 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 136
Hey I'd like to get in the rider class. I've got a hardtailed frame and motor I picked up early this summer. Still haven't started other than powder coating the tank. Do you still have room for one more?

Attachments

• 650_1.jpg
    650_1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 132
it was either get a hole other stocker ,rebuild one i had or pull out the book of idea's and start hunt'n down parts. so i got a sixxer of PBR and hit craiglist and the phone and this is what i came up with so far :shrug: i have some more stuff to find yet but i knew this was the idea to run with one when i saw the frame coverd in 3ft high grass :laugh:

I'd love in on this (especially the video) but I'm just finishing the build. Put 38 miles on the bike and had to rework a couple of things. Cool event...I look forward to seeing the bikes and their progress.

Back