XS650 Chopper on Ebay going for good money

Frank The Tank

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this bike belong to someone on here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...8889699?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43a90b28e3

14 hours left to go and it looks like it's getting pretty good money. If a guy could make/modify his own frames, it seems as if a profit could still be made by chopping these on the cheap and selling them on ebay. Maybe it's not worth the effort, but it doesn't look like too much money was sunk into this one. It has a lot of stock parts and a cheap paint job. I think with XS650 chops on ebay, the crazier ones get more money like this one being so stretched out. Guys see it and think "how cool would I look on that!" and have to have it.

Maybe I should try doing an extreme chop for as cheap as I can, and see if I can sell it on ebay and make it worth my time. I bet you could do one like this for $1,500 and if it sells for $5,000 that's a nice profit. How many hours do you guys think would go into this if you have the tools and know what you're doing? I'd say you could get it done in a month or less if you had 40hrs/week to work on it.

Well it didn't go for much more than what it was at when I posted yesterday. I thought it was going to keep climbing based on the bids it had. I didn't think it was worth that much either and that is why I thought there was an opportunity there. Obviously there is not as much opportunity there as I thought.

Maybe the new owner will show up here with questions.

doubt it, the bidder who won had a feedback score of only "1". Most likely it was a shill bidder so the seller won his own bike.

Back