XS650 Clutch Worm Actuator experiment & tidbits

And sure you know, everyone seems to get varying results with what they do so there's that!
Yeah... I'm using a modded XS400 actuator. I'm happy with it, but always looking to improve the clutch action. I think for less than 20 bucks it's worth a try.

Hi again, just a few words in case it's useful. Did another 25 miles on twisty, hilly roads on a warm day so got the engine pretty hot. Shifting is better at all speeds I think because the clutch releases with just a dab on the lever. And now say at low speed I can slip the clutch accurately if I'm revving too slow (got a smaller rear sprocket) and don't want to downshift - like a normal bike. I haven't felt the need to adjust the clutch since fitting the Enfield part - before I'd be fiddling with the cable adjuster all the time including during a ride. Still getting neutral whenever I want. So looking pretty good. But like I said earlier, I'm just telling what I'm finding - others might get different results.

Will the 1L9 worm mount onto an early 256 side case with the wider mounting holes? I vaguely recall a post on mounting a later worm to an early case but searched and can’t find. If this issue has already been addressed, please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Thumper

ggg - Ok, I see now, the early cases with threaded covers have wider bolt spacing. Both of my eng# 4605 and 6269 have push in covers. I presume the 1L9 will fit. Thanks, Thumper

Attachments

• C77A092F-64C2-48CB-B076-7E7CF0968EC5.png
    C77A092F-64C2-48CB-B076-7E7CF0968EC5.png
    636 KB · Views: 44
Back