XS650.com Software Update

There are a lot of nice little features once you figure them out. Allowing attachments in private conversations is a big plus I think.

this really is a BIG improvement Travis thank you.
I love how uncluttered, unobtrusive and clear the page is. I like the background colour and the font sizes /weights etc . I just don't see how it could possibly be improved upon for layout and ease of access especially for those of us that use reading glasses.
bloody excellent!........

Here's a heads up. It took about a month on that *other* forum before this showed up, but it's now happening here intermittantly. A mysterious black pop-up box will sometimes flash somewhere on the screen, then disappear, only to reappear momentarily during a screen scroll. I hope it's just a glitch or unsupported feature in some attached advertising, but it reminds me of those insidious "secret" portals that install malware.

SC20160623-121429.jpg SC20160623-121822.jpg SC20160623-122418.jpg

I'm glad you have screen shots so we know what you're talking about. Are you on a tablet? Has anyone else seen any of these black boxes? No one has said anything on XS400.com. Did they resolve the black boxes on the other forum you mentioned? Have you checked your tablet for malware?

Tablet, yes, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, running Android 3 (latest version for these older tablets). What I like about Android is that it's relatively immune to 'Windows' oriented malware, kinda like Linux/Unix. I haven't visited that *other* site in over a year, their XenForo implementation became too problematic for me (lockups, crashes).

This is mostly a FYI 'heads up', so why don't we just consider this as a "my 4 year old tablet" problem for now.

I guess I need to upgrade on my end as well...

Major change. didn't get on yesterday spent the whole day traveling back from NZ and i don't have a phone with internet.

Had a poke around and it will take a while to adjust and find out all the workings.

Kudos to you Travis for the work you have done, and the time taken to changeover must have been immense.

Question, are the old private messages now public and is there no more PM.

Take that like off my handle because every one will want to make the thumb point down:cussing:.............;)

Skull I had to look this one up. Apparently the old software had a contacts feature that converts to followers upon import to xenforo. It also had buddies or friends that convert to followers. I'll try to look into exactly where it came from.

Kudos to you Travis for the work you have done, and the time taken to changeover must have been immense.

Question, are the old private messages now public and is there no more PM.
Thanks.

They are called private conversations now. The old private conversations were imported and are still private.

Wow this seems to be going really well and Trav only spent a few minutes on the conversion.......

2m I 'll bring ths up on my galaxy tablet see if it has the same issues.

:sneaky:

A few minutes.. :laugh2:

I have an old galaxy tablet running 4.2.2 that I've been testing on and haven't found any issues.

That mysterious black box occurred only a few times, randomly, yesterday.

That kind of inconsistency reminds me of those rare opportunistic malware popups, wanting you to 'click' on them, in order to do their thing. If you get one, watch your net traffic icon for unwarranted backround activity...

Last edited:
I am new here, it looks pretty good to me, I am an admin on two other forums and the 650 sites new platform is user friendly, so far so good. Having a look at it on the Mac later today will be the real test, hopefully there will be no advertising thrust down ya throat...

I am new here, it looks pretty good to me, I am an admin on two other forums and the 650 sites new platform is user friendly, so far so good. Having a look at it on the Mac later today will be the real test, hopefully there will be no advertising thrust down ya throat...

Maybe i shouldn't say this................I have add block on my computer, (sorry Travis), and i don't have one dam add. Some sites, (next to none), block me for having it running but my lap top is a cheapie running an AMD 1.4 Mhz, and would lock up if i had more than a couple of pages open at once, especially when i opened up the news pages it would take forever to load. No problems now.

Right now i have 6 XS650.com windows open, 2 news services windows refreshing every couple of min, and 2 sports windows from a separate site.

I am hearing you Skull, I am a Mac nut and everything in our home and cellular devices are all Mac. I went away from the bullshit blue screen windows crap years ago and never been back.
I am running an ad blocker but the best by far is Windows Google Chrome with the "AdBlock" extension, it works. Unfortunately once you use Google Chrome your opening yourself up to malware etc....Ive seen it come in on our two daughters Mac's faster than i can get rid of it.
So it's a bit of a catch 22, the above is my opinion too, an educated one at that.

Hi Travis,
the site just became available once more, I suppose it was being stubborn again?
Y'know , there's folks that's frightened by the thought that computers will become self-aware.
Not me.
What I say is, anything that is self aware can know fear and feel pain.
Wire in the punishment button!
Bring on the day!

Without ads, this site wouldn't exist. Software, servers, and bandwidth are not free. Please consider disabling blockers when using this site. The ad's are not obtrusive and we have and never will allow pop-up ads.

Back