XS650.com Software Update

Thanks, Travis.
But, I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7.
I should be able to re-use a lot of the stuff from the other tab.

Sad part is, I'm backed up to June, but lost 60+ pics and construction details on my experimental clutch and lift assist handle.

I don't know that this would work with a tablet.
I had success recovering files, data etc. from 2 different hard drives by sticking them in the freezer for awhile.

Is there something wrong with my computers and phone or have all the model identification pics been removed/blocked in 650Skull's sticky "XS650 Model Identification/Year/VIN" ?

The pics were linked from my album. When you clicked on the pic it would take you to the album where there was a write up on each, (most), of the models. When Travis moved the site to the new platform, it broke the connection to the albums, the new albums didn't retain the write up because it changed the written content to a heading, that is restricted to 150 characters so the Information is basically lost. Right click on a pic, in the thread,and you can download it.

I have the ID album set to members, so you need to be signed in to see it. If yu are not seeing it when your signed in, let me know.

I am in the process of redoing a lot of the pics and information but there is a lot of work/time to redo this and all the information is in my head so i can't jut do a copy and past into a thread or the album. I realize it detracts from the main part of the thread.
Start a conversation with me, or a thread on a model or general question on the models and i will tell you what i know, if that helps.

Last edited:
Thank you for that link weekendrider.

Thanks for your reply 650Skull. This is happening when I am signed in. Man what a loss. That was a magnificent pictorial history of these bikes. I can't imagine the work that it would have taken for you to put it together initially and now having to do it again.......
All I can say is thank you, for what you did and for working on resurrecting it. As well, thank you for all your contributions to this forum.

I'm sure this is only one of the many many headaches Travis has had to wrestle with in the change over. Can't be fun for him either.

I was just looking for some quick colour info, no big deal. I will PM you if I have any other specific questions.

I just checked that thread when i wasn't signed in..................No pics............... When i sign in they appear.

If your signed in and they aren't there i don't know.

That thread that Weekendrider posted to is good but not specific. Some Canadian models did have some differences to the US and other countries

Thanks 650Skull. I keep my user profile set at "Stay logged on". So, just logged off and back on, 2 computers and phone. All Windows OS. No bike images but further in thread frame pics, Rob Gibson pics, manual pics all display.
Don't spend any more time chasing your tail on this, I'm sure you've got bigger issues to deal with and this glitch will likely work itself out in time.

Should be back up now. Thanks for the info, i don't know if its not mentioned.

Still no written info except for the model heading

I have my new tablet, clanking away on it, restored to June of this year.
I'd like to recover pics I've posted since then.

On the old system:
I could go into "manage attachments" and get them.
Alternatively, I could've listed threads I've posted to, and click on the attachments icon to get a list of pics.

On this new system, looks like I'll have to try to remember all those posts and try to find them.
Any better ideas?

Looks like we're attracting some interesting advertisers.

Screenshot_20160904.jpg

2M, my bad I didn't remember putting some of those in albums. I thought some were just pics inserted to a thread.
Guess I need to do some album cleaning.
I'm sure you have done this but looking at other tabs to see what they do I find the recent activity tab will show some.
attachment 1.jpg

But it only goes back a week?

Also the postings tab shows threads with attachments but it isn't consistent?
I went back some but not the whole.
attachment 2.jpg

I hope Travis can help you locate your pics.

Thank, WER. I think I've got it licked.
Did a 'blank' search on my postings, dated from June 11.
*gasp*, almost 500 postings to revisit.
But, I was able to find and recapture over 80 pics (*whew*).

What's nice about this new forum is that the downloaded files retain their original filenames, instead of the old version's "attachment.jpg" name.

Just finished stuffing those pics into their proper homes.

All that's left is to try to redo the pics I took of the future projects...

Back