1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

XS650.com Supporter Badge

Discussion in 'The Classroom' started by Travis, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Hi guys! Many of you have donated to the site over the years and it has always been very appreciated! You help keep the lights on around here.

I've decided to try out a different way for members to support the site. You can now become a site supporter for $12 per year and your account will display a green XS650.com Supporter badge under your avatar.
    supporter_badge.png

Some of you already donate more than that, so there are options for $25 and $50 per year support levels as well. As of right now, all supporter levels will show the same badge.

In addition to the badge, 6 out of the 7 banner ad locations are disabled for supporting members. There may be more features and perks added in the future for supporting members.

To become an XS650.com Supporter, click the Profile Icon and click Account Upgrades.

supporter.png

Thank you very much to everyone that has donated over the years! If you've donated in the last 12 months, start a private conversation with me and give me your email address, so I can manually upgrade your account. And thank you to all of our future supporters!

gggGary likes this.
  2. 650Skull

650Skull Dogonit Top Contributor

Does this also apply to the guys who write tutorials and post answers to every day questions............i would say these people also contribute to keeping the site active and financially secure through traffic that help to generate adds..........

We now know who donates money, Is this a peer pressure way of making some feel they have to donate..........

3. Travis

Doug,

Great questions. (I knew you'd ask!) I plan to create a Top Contributor badge for our most prestigious members like yourself. There may even be a few levels. I haven't completely nailed down the criteria yet, but will soon. It will include similar perks and features like most ads being removed. I know you run ad blockers, so showing less ads doesn't help you, but I will try to come up with some other perks to make the badge desirable.

I've said for years that it is the members who make this site great and if it weren't for you guys, this site wouldn't exist. People support the site in different ways... by viewing ads and supporting our sponsors, posting content and answering questions, and direct donations... or all of those things!

People can still donate anonymously as they could before, but many people like to be recognized for their donations and appreciate the badges and other perks.

4. Travis

5. Mox

Mox XS650 Member

I'd like to chip in again, is it possible to get a mailing address? I still write checks!

MrBultaco, gggGary, Jim and 2 others like this.
  6. Travis

I'll start a private conversation with you to give you the details.

Jim likes this.