XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Needs a bigger windshield! :laugh2:
ECC5E6FA-FA5E-48DD-B530-FCE1B0CD1A1F.jpeg

I’ve been watching the values on the early bikes creep up and up in the last few years, much the way old Triumphs did. My ‘76 Bonneville, I paid $4000 for it with a fresh ending build, I sold it two years later for $5500, I couldn’t buy it today for less than $7-8000. Maybe the early 650’s are going to follow suit?
My XS2 will be 50 years old this year! That is pretty amazing to me! :)
A240B529-68EE-486E-9D18-97D764B501A9.jpeg

20210111_121257.jpg
I’ve been watching the values on the early bikes creep up and up in the last few years,
This year especially there are just not many XS650's for sale in the Pacific Northwest. I just watch Craigslist most every day. Today there is only one !
I have noticed a few local XS's over the year with what I use to consider very high asking prices. Some very unfinished, rough looking, near naked "cafe" or "brat" bikes still have an asking price of $3,500 ish.
I use to think XS650's would not ever be worth even $3k in good trim. Now, I'd not part with either XS for just that.
-R

I believe that is correct. However, California seems to be where to sell a bike. I think I could truck one to Cali, surf a day and drive home in the profit even
There are four XS650s in my garage. One I bought new, one for $35 at a junk yard in GA, one for free in VA, and the last for $50 in a Memphis 'burb. True, only one of them was nice and running.

They'll go up until those of us who care to own them are gone. Model A Fords got pretty high before they dropped way off.
I started watching the model A`s when I was in HS. You could but a pretty complete one for $300 or less. IMHO The Shay Reproduction ruined the value of the model A an the Hot Rod versions were out selling the originals. I`ve had both and I`d take the Hot Rod any day.:thumbsup: At the Barrett Jackson & Mecum auctions there are no young buyers of the few model A`s that sell there. Even worse are the 55-57 Baby T-Bird`s. That market is totally unpredictable.:shrug:

Did you buy it............gone already............someone has a great buy............got a gold automatic nose picker when you go over bumps or the frame flex's.........

Back