XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Hey @Mikey that 73 I posted IS in your neighborhood!
I'm not going to call you a SOB as I never met your mother :lmao:
I guess it's off to look at another 650 :banghead:
Does anybody know that thread where Jim? shows hot to open a tank without a key (bike doesn't have any)
Thanks Mikey

Just saw this XS750 Parts bike for sale in MD: Marketplace - 1978 Yamaha XS | Facebook
241178348_4186025811434410_4862443991456207358_n.jpg

Vanessa lives!!
@Boog put the link to the 750 up this morning and I clicked on it to have a look. Also on that page was a mini Winnebago motorhome. I've been looking for one of them so I checked it out. Almost pristine... for $1200 bucks. Hmmm... that $1200 price point sounded familiar. My spidey senses are tingling sumpin' fierce....

Untitled.png

So I fired off an email. Here's the reply.

Untitledz.png

That is almost word for word the same scam "Vanessa" was running a yr or two ago on an XS650. The details of that scam are somewhere back in this thread. Should I play Eve/Vanessa along for a bit... or just tell here to go fuck herself on the next reply? Hmmm....

Already got a reply. Pretty much the same script as the last time.

View attachment 197778
She's selling it for her aunt (ok) But now her husband has died ( :umm:) so she really wants to sell it
Right now she really doesn't give a Schmidt about her aunt :laughing:
She was running the same thing with a small airstream camper in 3 different locations at once I think it was for $1200 too
My question is how does she make money on this do people just send her the cash and then wait for her to deliver the vehicle ?
If you got the time string her along you must have some hardship you can pull on her (using old great uncle buck or aunt Frannie)

She's selling it for her aunt (ok) But now her husband has died ( :umm:) so she really wants to sell it
Right now she really doesn't give a Schmidt about her aunt :laughing:
She was running the same thing with a small airstream camper in 3 different locations at once I think it was for $1200 too
My question is how does she make money on this do people just send her the cash and then wait for her to deliver the vehicle ?
If you got the time string her along you must have some hardship you can pull on her (using old great uncle buck or aunt Frannie)
Go back to comment #1080 That explains how it shakes out.

And here we are.... same scam. I buy Ebay gift cards and send the numbers to a fake Ebay account. Found 12+ instances of this on Facebook. I reported all of 'em. Just sent "Eva" a message to put a bullet in her head. :rolleyes:

Untitledzzz.png

I'm afraid an XS750 Special is about worthless, unless sentiment has recently changed. You should be able to find a nice one for $200 and make it a cafe racer.
I need the history on this. I would not have thought so since the XJ750s seem to be good bikes and sought after. Why is the XS750 so down?

Why is the XS750 so down?
It’s not a bad bike. There is very little interest in a XS750 Special. I was offered a very nice one a few years ago. It had been sitting a few years and would not start. I thought it an easy project. Since I lived in Motorcycle Disneyland, I thought I might flip it. Look at completed sales on eBay. If they sell, it’s very little money. As Specials go, it’s the least attractive, IMHO. The rear wheel is 17’. If you find a nice one, add cafe seat/bars and voila!

Back