XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Yep, it would be a great base for a 'Tracker'.

Y'all shoulda seen the asking prices at the Barber Fest. Outlandish!
d0f60017-a198-4974-9ddb-01c8f8a1f5a5-jpeg.199624

This pair were the most reasonable I saw. $4000 and $3500! I forgot which was which. They did look pretty decent. Same cheap shocks as on my bike and mine were free.

One of the respected members who lived close by went and had a look at it. Gave it the Thumbs up. Any on interested i can post a query but it would pay to sign up to the site.

A lot of genuine people over there who will bend over backwards to help others.

From the add
6teenvalve
user-offline.png
Forum Newbie

icon1.png
1980 gs850g $2,200

Classic survivor, complete and original. Everything is in proper working order. Factory Suzuki fairing with dealer installed Shoei hard bags and trunk. Original tool kit, Suzuki tire & fork pressure gage, and owner's manual. Equipped just like it was when it left the dealer in 1980. Always garaged. Paint and chrome exceptional for a 40 year old bike. Plastics are not weathered or cracked. 36,700 well maintained miles- valve clearance, engine oil, gear oil, fork oil, brake fluids, brake pads, and clutch serviced at the proper intervals. Carburetors clean, sealed, and synched. I've owned it for 14 years. I'd love to keep it, but garage space says otherwise. Time to let it go.
Located in Austintown, Ohio, just 2 miles from the Austintown Ohio Home Depot, if you want to get an idea where.
Thanks for looking.

Long term member who had a look at it.

storm 64

user-offline.png
Forum Sage Past Site Supporter

icon1.png

I did go and check out this motorcycle today. I must say, it's a very nice motorcycle, purrs like a kitten. The owner is a great guy. We chatted about motorcycles and events we've been to... If I were in the market for this type of motorcycle, I would be thankful for finding it. However I already have one, I really don't need two. If anyone out there that might be interested, I'd give it a thumbs up A nice sorted 850 at a good price.

Just keep your eyes open and be persistent. It also helps when not being so specific in your search wording. Try leaving out the XS and just search Yamaha 650. A lot of times posters don’t know much about them and just list it as a 650. That’s how I found my most recent barn find. Picked up a 77 standard for $350. Now it needs a lot of work, but the deals are still out there.

I use Yamaha XS650, XS650, XS650 Yamaha, Yamaha XS, Yamaha 650, 650 Yamaha, Yamaha XS 650, XS 650 Yamaha, XS 650, Yamaha Special and 650 Special. FB never gives the same search result twice and CL is almost non existent anymore.:shrug:

Back