XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Someone should ask him to look at his title (okay, I will)........(I posted earlier that a '77 Special was for sale in Denver, and was ripped for being wrong even though the poster sent me a pic of the title) I texted him...waiting for a reply.

EDIT: he never got back to me, so use your own conclusions...

Last edited:
Decent looking ‘79. Would make a nice project. Phoenix Az
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/mcy/d/1979-yamaha-xs650/6676030835.html
F06F79B0-8E55-4A1D-9D98-CF3AF4216A06.jpeg

Thanks Pete! I love the bike, but I'm moving to a house with a garage big enough to actually have a "Sunday Car" inside (I'm allergic to not parking in a garage) so I need to give selling a try.

Thanks Pete! I love the bike, but I'm moving to a house with a garage big enough to actually have a "Sunday Car" inside (I'm allergic to not parking in a garage) so I need to give selling a try.

Mazda Miata - the perfect Sunday car. Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on (on four wheels that is...).

I'm actually thinking BMW Z3, but pretty close as far as what the car is. Slightly bigger powerplant. I had a BMW addiction for about 10 years before I had kids. I'ts time to scratch that itch again.

I'm actually thinking BMW Z3, but pretty close as far as what the car is. Slightly bigger powerplant. I had a BMW addiction for about 10 years before I had kids. I'ts time to scratch that itch again.

Bimmers are nice....but electrical issues and cost of parts would keep me away.

I had a 23 year old (1994) Miata with more than 320,000 km on it - everything worked perfectly and it still turned heads. I had never been into the engine except to change the valve lifters and timing belt. I sold it to a buddy last year - and he's still roaring around in it.

P

I had a 1999 328i with the 2.8. Then a 2004 330CI with the 3.0 and the factory performance cams. Then a 2006 330i with the newer 3.0. My favorite engine was always the 2.8, that thing felt so pure, although the 3.0 with the extra oomph came close. That same 2.8 and the same 3.0 as well as the same manual transmission is what comes in the 99 - 02 Z3. I'm familiar in those waters so that's what's calling me back.

I have had a ton of fun with the bike and keeping it is not off the table at all, just trying to make up my mind on what to do.
I'm certainly not taking the "well I invested X so I must have Y" approach, but I'm not going to dump it for pennies on the dollar either.

Back