XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Well Tom I hate to bring this up but your old Champion framed tracker with the Morris Mag wheels just puts this one to shame.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Phil, but with a little love (paint and seat change +++) and lots of $$, it has possibilities. :)
....Selling my 750 Champion Yamaha and my Bultaco Astro are 2 of my regrets I have in life.:(

View attachment 152150 https://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bend-1973-tx750-all-original-with/6997092265.html
Central Oregon. This TX750 has been posted for awhile now. It is pretty. Seems to be as good as could be expected for a TX750.
Opinions as to whether this could be a reliable vintage rider ?
Tempting , -RT
Doesn't appear to have the retrofit kit on it, stay far far away. 2700 is stupid much for a TX750 needing a lot of work.

Yes, at least in Colorado you could get a plate for it. Just stamped the motor # on the steering head, cuz it would have to be inspected by the County Clerks' office since it has an out of state title. Although you might have to point out to them where it is located:laugh2:. Too bad it doesn't show the bottom of the engine, it might still have a starter on it. He doesn't say, but I wonder what size battery he put in it. Questions to ask from a perspective buyer Bob.:wink2:

1975 Kawasaki H2. $14,000
Boy these old smokers are bringing stupid money these days!

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/d/phoenix-1975-kawasaki-h2/7005976716.html
16B2735B-33D3-4629-9537-6899D370C516.jpeg

Lotta bux for bikes that sucked to ride when brand new........
owned a couple H2's, sold em and kept the Norton, (at the time)

They have achieved a legendary status. That mystique of being “The Widowmaker”. I’ve never ridden an H-1 or
H-2. I gotta believe that it was fun when that toggle switch power band kicked in! Never mind the fact that they had a flexible frame and didn’t handle.

H-2. I gotta believe that it was fun when that toggle switch power band kicked in!
Shortly after I got my first (?) H1, I hit it hard it from a stop light. Held it through 3rd. As I backed off I glanced at the speedo and it wasn't working. Crap I thought.... about that time the front wheel finally touched and it jumped to 75. :yikes:

My first bike was a 1974 Yamaha RD350, 2 stroke, 2 cly, 6 gear trans. Got it new 2 weeks after graduating high school and I never rode a motorcycle before. My dad went with me to pick it up. The salesman started it and I jumped on and let the clutch out and laid about a 3 foot patch. Scared the crap out of me and I never did that again. That was 45 years ago.

When I was a young man I had two very close friends, one with an old pickup truck the other with an H2. Together we like to take the H2 to the local drag strip, were able to turn in the low 10's. One Sunday afternoon we all decided to get together to work on the bike. Friend in the truck headed down the road, friend with the H2 decided to take the bike for a "quick" spin and head up the same road. Friend in the truck need to make a left hand turn, didn't even see his friend on the bike coming towards him and made the turn, friend on the bike hit the truck so hard it dislodged the engine from the motor mounts, friend on the bike died instantly. Obviously this was not necessarily the bikes fault, but I think the nickname is well deserved.

Back