XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Wow, Bob! Such a deal! :er: Ya know, for a few bucks more, you could get brand-new tapered roller bearings that are 10X stiffer, and you'll probably never mess with them again... :laugh2:
Nope. Bob's been messing with wis bearings.

Update on this posting :

xs-jpg.157601

He re-listed it.
I bought it for $700 today.
Details:
http://www.xs650.com/threads/what-have-you-done-to-your-xs-today.32082/page-355#post-627908

Last edited:
Like Bob said, nice bike.
Over priced, of course, but $2000 could become $1200 after a long bout of haggling.
"probably needs a battery" might actually turn out to be "Has a sh*tload of electrical issues"

Like Bob said, nice bike.
Over priced, of course, but $2000 could become $1200 after a long bout of haggling.
"probably needs a battery" might actually turn out to be "Has a sh*tload of electrical issues"

I dunno. Seems all there. MC is a puzzle but..... Personally when I look at bikes on CL, I like to check out the shot of the handlebars and meters , if they provide one. I feel like I can tell a lot about how the bike was cared for if that whole area is neat and clean, without too much rust hiding in the nooks and crannys. The face plate between the meters isn't all scratched up. I guess it would depend on how it sounded and all before I made an offer. Wish I was closer, I love the '75 color scheme.

I'm also looking for matching gauges both to model year and if face weathering agrees.and if (ha-ha) they are both in the same plain. Most tip overs result in gauges taking it. gauges often get replaced, the gauge bracket is seldom straightened properly. Ditto clutch and front brake levers. That 75 in Milwaukee shows evidence of crash repairs, with many changes from stock.

Last edited:
For those who think that the Northeast is overflowing with fantastic XS650 deals, I should inform you that the following is typical of the pickings in this area.
Recently appearing on facebook marketplace is this '82 for $1250.
Here is the text:

"1982 Yamaha xs650 bobber. Does run and drive. A little over 12,000 miles. Really don't know much about it. I'll answer anything I can. It does have a title. Any questions ask. Some trades. Best offer. Worst I can say is no. Considered trades would be for a truck diesel or gas, 80s-early 90s camaro or firebird, or even tattoo work. Open to any trade or cash offers though. I have cash on my end for any trade offered."

I like the comfortable diamond plate seat.

Got a camaro to trade? :laugh2:

xs.82.jpg

Last edited:
Back