XS650 Craigslist postings depository

Hey Jeff, all you gotta do is tattoo that guy and he’ll just give it to you! :laugh2:
I'll give him the Firebird :D

upload_2020-1-28_20-44-20.jpeg

Got a buddy up here with one, a hotrod that came from cally. He's no longer into kick starting but has a high opinion of the bike's worth LOL
The one in the ad would be awesome with wire wheels. ;)

He's no longer into kick starting

Yeah , frankly I don’t know how much I’d get along with it either. I broke my right foot a few years ago and I’ve also had surgery on my right knee. I can still do it, but some days are better than others. :laugh2:
I still have fond memories of that motor in my XT500. It was so torquey!

SR500's sure do look great with spoked wheels. An XS.com member in Cali did recently post for an XS swingarm in our ads. Haven't seen progress pics. Likely on an SR500 forum. SR500's around here mostly get either raced in an AHRMA class or really stripped to a "Brat" style build.
They are cool but not as cool as XS's
:cool:

View attachment 159705
You learn something new every day.
Early speedo on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274249597016
The price isn't too bad for one of these in this condition, but what I love is the description:
Note: The crackled background is a manufactured pattern, not age wear.
I had ask this seller if The crackled background is a manufactured pattern, not age wear.
Because I didn't want a Reproduction face plate!
I know it's early and I was bored

I had ask this seller if The crackled background is a manufactured pattern, not age wear.
Because I didn't want a Reproduction face plate!
I know it's early and I was bored
And his reply was

Yes, this pattern has shown up on other make/models as well. I verified it on a Vintage Yamaha Facebook group page as well. NOT a reproduction
You can't make this shit up LOL

This guy lives about 20 miles from me. I prolly go buy his place 6 times a year on my way to Central City to play video poker.
Don't forget that Colorado has legalized pot...the canyon he lives in has a number of 'old hippies' living there. Draw your own conclusions. :laugh2:

This guy lives about 20 miles from me. I prolly go buy his place 6 times a year on my way to Central City to play video poker.
Don't forget that Colorado has legalized pot...the canyon he lives in has a number of 'old hippies' living there. Draw your own conclusions. :laugh2:

Dude! That’s just patina !

8BD64075-FB3E-41D7-B721-A32822E65A6D.jpeg

He didn't have any bids......didn't sell yet according to Ebay. I bet you can contact him and make him an offer.

He didn't have any bids......didn't sell yet according to Ebay. I bet you can contact him and make him an offer.
I don't really need one and I'd hate to have to ask him again if the cracks were original
That still blows me away about the factory finish LOL

Back