xs650 dragbike

cowboy3669

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
my toy,stock engine(welded crank),home designed 3spd. transmission.
turbo from probe gt

Attachments

• 018_nr.jpg
    018_nr.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 738
  • 019_nr.jpg
    019_nr.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 1,175
  • 016_nr.jpg
    016_nr.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 883
more pic's. since these pic's lock-up clutch from a Banshee.

Attachments

• 014_nr.jpg
    014_nr.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 701
  • 023_nr.jpg
    023_nr.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 016_nr.jpg
    016_nr.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 684
That's an interesting setup with the carb way out there. I never thought you'd get enough fuel under boost. Is it better to have such a long intake?

Thank you. by the gauge that's on the bike about 14# of boost.i estimate about 100+ hp.
there is an aux. pump that sends additional fuel to the carb under full throttle. don't know if it's any better to have a long intake but i didn't have room to put the turbo behind the engine like some of most draw-thru systems do. so out front it went.seems to work alright for this set up.

don't know if it's any better to have a long intake
Actually, it *is* better with a turbo setup to have a long intake, especially hanging out in the air like that. For every foot, of piping, i think it's something like a 2% temperature drop. Since you're running without an intercooler (which would actually be really easy to ghetto in there - just replace a piece of that nice straight intake with an ice bucket), you need all you can get. Every 10 degrees is a 1 degree of timing you can eke out?

Do i see a NOS bottle stuck in the back?

All these old threads coming back from the dead...

Sundie, when I mentioned the long intake, I was referring to the carb being so far away and the effects of that. :shrug:

I think he did say something about having nitrous oxide injection, maybe in another thread.

I don't think most drag bikes run for long enough to worry about cooling to much, normally the opposite with getting the engine warm enough.

I have a drag bike sitting in the yard waiting for a chance to live again. I thought mine was a bit radical but yours wrote the book. This was picked up from the widow of a past racer that built it in the late 70s. It was run on alcohol. Air shifter, total loss MSD ignition. I have the wheelie bars for it, start cart and boxes of pistons, cams, cranks, rods, valves and other performance items that he had in stock. Too bad that every bit of chrome is shot from the weather and storage but I plan on starting it someday and putting fresh rubber on it if it sounds like it wants to go. I wonder what times it was turning?
robalo2420tank0010c.jpg

Nice looking bike, be interesting to know what is in the engine performance wise.

The photo dosn't seem to be showing any rust apart from the surface rust on the exhausts, looks in good shape from the photo.

Back