XS650 FEST & CHOPOFF "2016" (Chop It - Build It- Bring it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a late start...

13063386_10156894550405714_3545397801377861540_o.jpg

YES!

There are going to be some killer bikes this year, can't wait to see them all...

Me? I've been so busy with HHB, that I doubt I'll have a new build done in time to ride it up there (im still committed to making the journey on 2 wheels)

Maybe I'll just get Slight Hell rebuilt, but even that is a tall task, she's down to the cases and a bare frame at this moment.

Hugh

Hurry up with the ignition you're working on. I have so many questions haha

heres aprils update picked up a cheep TCB hardtail this ones going to be low buck

Attachments

• fender ribed.jpg
    fender ribed.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 243
It was a long search for valid 10" rotors, but FINALLY found rotors for the front wheel, and matching for the rear, to clear the shoulder bolt heads on the skinny custom springer. Had to go 74 HD FL fitment to get 10" rotor with 2.375" hub able to work on 2003 XL wheel with 2.25" hub. Very hard to find in authentic old school OEM rotor pattern and with matching pattern for 2" hub 99 HD rear. Drag Specialties sold them in matching set for front with the above 10", and rear with 11.5" and 2" center. 5-hole pattern hasn't changed, fortunately.
full

full

full

Man, Can't find my camera for my April update, so my update is sold my 79 to someone from Downunder to buy more parts and mounted the springer on my hardtailed frame and working on rear wheel spacers Pic's to come, the one part i'm not sure what to do, is a unique electronic's tank/box I want to do something different but finding a hollow metal skull large enough for my electrics isn't going well LOL

117 more days...........................

I hope i'm doing the facebook update right, it shows as a guest update to the page??????

Last edited:
April update. got my brake brackets and other goodies from Pandemonium. Also started on getting the frame cleansed of all those pesky useless tabs.
full

full

Man, Can't find my camera for my April update, so my update is sold my 79 to someone from Downunder to buy more parts and mounted the springer on my hardtailed frame and working on rear wheel spacers Pic's to come, the one part i'm not sure what to do, is a unique electronic's tank/box I want to do something different but finding a hollow metal skull large enough for my electrics isn't going well LOL

117 more days...........................

I hope i'm doing the facebook update right, it shows as a guest update to the page??????

I have the same problem with the F/B update's

I'm starting to get a little worried now! RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!! Here is my May update. Barz!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 271
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 261
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 257
Well i got the rear wheel laced up to a 21 rim. And set it up how it will sit. Now many measurements to start the schwinn style girder(ish) forks. Yikes!!
372890c1fb8a703de361f467c3c3dec4.jpg

b357057a8a225065255e873c7aeb41b2.jpg

May update of rusty rat rod - not much done this last month - I work better under pressure.

Attachments

• SAM_3161.jpg
    SAM_3161.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 251
May update, Bike is progressing slowly, had to pull everything off the frame I was using due to issues with the frame.
I'm concerned that I won't get done in time for the meetup if I do it may be bare metal no paint or powder. I spent the 3 day weekend building a massive closet organizer from scratch, and before June is up I have to replace windows and gable siding on the second floor. Point is so many projects i have to get done this short summer we have up here in upper penninsula of michigan its eating into my bike n me time.
We'll see how it goes, I have the dates blocked out on calendar, so worse case I ride another bike and hang out.
I'm looking forward to a productive June.

86 Daaayyyysssss...................

I'm kind of in the same predicament. Except my problem isn't my frame but my engine....hope all goes well

May update. Middle of a move. Parts scattered between my car and 2 houses. I did order Hugh's shinny new PMA/ignition combo thingy ma-watsit.

here the eng I'm use'n posted on F/B not sure it showed up I have had problem, getting it to post on there,haven't started on the fram yet

Attachments

• top end eng.2016 004.jpg
    top end eng.2016 004.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 233
May/June update

Motor almost fully reassembled. Just struggling to get the e advance unit settled in the right side cover. PMA is on and ready to rock and roll. Frame is still with the welding shop taking it's sweet time getting back to me.

43OKo7T.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back