XS650 For Sale in Vegas; Overpriced?

BiteMySteeze

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Well, here it is:

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/3211627008.html

Gentleman is pretty firm on the price. I can respect that people have certain preconceived expectations about what they want/need to get for their unfinished projects. Advertised as a "rolling chassis"; included with the sale is a box of parts. Apparently the motor doesn't run (rust in the top end) and will need to be gone through extensively.

To me, this is a disassembled parts bike with a titled frame. Doesnt seem like it would be worth anywhere near the $1450 he is asking.

Am I being a cheap a-hole or what?

Yeah it's just a stock bike that doesn't run is missing parts and It looks like it may have been front hit. Save the ad, call him in a month or two. If he still has it reality may have stepped in and he might be closer to deadchef's 500.

Everything is overpriced in Vegas!

Yes indeed. Used cars are just as bad. Everyone thinks they have a rare gem and 99.9% of people in this town don't know how to take care of their transportation, 2 or 4 wheeled.

That thing has been for sale a long time! Go figure...

I looked at a '73 TX650 in town. It was a total basket case. It need pretty much everything to be replaced front to back. It ran... that was about it. The guy wanted $2200. He filled the gas tank with paint thinner (he put it in his gas can?) realized his mistake and drained it by popping off the fuel lines and letting it drain over the bike. :yikes:

I'm glad my thinking was on par with the masses here. I offered $500 bucks and was told that my $500 wouldn't even cover the value of the wheels.

The market for 70-80's jap bikes is garbage out here. The bikes are either trashed and overpriced or ugly hack builds and overpriced.

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking the whole time.

Looks like I am going to have to expland my search and keep my fingers crossed. I don't mind buying a bucket of bolts, but I refuse to eat a turd sandwich while doing so.

Sorry for thread jacking just wanted the local input. I'm in the same boat as you OP (BiteMySteeze). Not only are all the XS650's overpriced around here but i'm having to look for mechanics in other states.

BTW, a quick glance at the Count Kustoms website was all it took to realize what a joke it is (even without seeing him on TV).

Back