XS650 Head Cover Bolts

xs650special

James
Reaction score
I've replaced the cylinder head with a numbers matching cover and did the torque tightening in the order that is in the knuckbusters manual. There are two bolts in the middle of the head that are not used to hold the cover to the head. Is there a torque spec for these?

Attachments

• GZ250 055.jpg
    GZ250 055.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 102
Those are the banjo bolts that attach the oil line to the top of the head and yes, there is a torque value for them. I don't know what it is offhand but it will be in that manual you mentioned. Now that you know what they are, you should be able to find it. A word of advice - don't use the MikesXS replacement ones, they're absolute junk. They'll snap off before you even reach the recommended torque.

Funny thing, I put my original banjo bolts on and one broke with not a lot of torquing. Order a pair off eBay that came in today. They went on just fine so everything is good there.

i think the torque value is something like 8lbs. i broke one and replaced with a mikesxs part. it has worked fine so far. don't forget the copper washers on reassembly.

Back