1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Xs650 Intake Measurement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ericluchini, Mar 29, 2020.

1. ericluchini

ericluchini XS650 New Member

Brazil
    Hey guys, how`re you doing?
    First time posting here, I'm from Brazil and I ride a 1974 chopper xs650. Learn a lot from here! Thanks a lot! I've searched a lot and read a lot of post on the same subject but i couldn't find that answer.

I`m really tired of the two carbs setup, so i decided to go with a 2x1 conversion, like Joe wiseguy one. its awesome! But honestly Brazilian taxes and shipping makes it really impossible to buy, so I have no other option than make my own. I really would like to cut the flange before disassembly the bike, so I got all the measurement of it but I want to make in just one piece, so i need to know the distance between the upper and lower bolts on it.

Does anyone has a head without carbs to measure it for me?
    Also, can anyone confirm the measures I have on the 2o photo?

My english is not that good, so I attached a file just to make things more clear.

Thanks a lot guys!
    Eric

Attached Files:

gggGary and Jim like this.
  2. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Welcome to the forum!!
    Yes, your numbers look correct.
    Distance between top and bottom holes is 29mm
    We love pictures here. Let's see what ya got. :D

Untitled.png

gggGary and ericluchini like this.
  3. ericluchini

Brazil
    Hey Jim! Thanks a lot for your reply!
    The distances i need is between 2 upper bolts and between lower bolts. Horizontally, like the first picture i attached. can you help me with this?

4. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Doh... I knew that... :rolleyes:

Untitled.png

5. ericluchini

Brazil
    Thanks very much Jim!!!! Perfect!!