XS650 Manual by Hans Pahl - Rough Translation to English...

cleoncleon

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
After a ton of beer and ganj, a few curse words, and a hole in the wall, I got somewhere in this translation. Thanks to FISHHAT for the Un-encrypted Version, I was able to get the doc. decently translated.

Some of it is a bit confusing, but, it gets the point across for us ENG users..

XS650 MANUAL

I have the larger RTF/Word Document if anyone else want to have a shot at translating it a bit more efficiently..

Happy wrenching! and painful reading...
- later.

That's great Pics come out god to.

Hate to bust your bubble but 5Twins has done this as well and posted in a link here some where. Hell who cares the doob's were good though, right.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
haha ^^ I couldn't find it to save my life! Still on the verge of death in that case... Hopefully it resurfaces now though, the more the merrier! Any bit of more English on there helps.

I've never ran across 5Twins version either so I've only looked at the pictures in the German version while using Google translator to figure out what it's actually saying. Awesome work.

Cover_XS650_Engine.jpg
Since my busyness does’n not run so well at the moment and I prepare for retirement by the end of the year, I have found some time to make an English version of the manual, whitch is available on amazon.com now.

Here

http://www.hjpahl.com/book_excerpt.pdf

you can downloqad an excerpt of the book

and here is the link to amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-XS650-Engine-Including-Electrical/dp/1544270631/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492616956&sr=1-2&keywords=yamaha+xs650

I admit, that $ 31,95 is not really cheap, but there are more than 400 color photos, which cause some printing costs.

that is fabulous Hans .....Well done and thank you.

What a huge amount of work and the detail and clarity of the images is exceptional...simply superb.
Will you be making it available to us Brits in the UK through Amazon.co.uk ?

Edit.
I just found the book on UK Amazon and ordered a copy ( Linky below.)
Wonder if my order will be the first ? if you are shipping them Hans perhaps you would kindly sign my copy ( Peanut)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-XS650-Engine-Including-Electrical/dp/1544270631/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492686473&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Yamaha+XS650+Engine:+Including+the+Electrical+System

Last edited:
Hi Hans:

I just ordered one too - and as with peanut - could you sign mine as well? Peter Frise

Many thanks,

Peter

hello Nicholas,
sorry that I have to disappoint you, it is available since sunday and you are not the first one. The books are printed on demand in the country where they are ordered. So I can't sign a copy.

I hope you will like the book.

hello Nicholas,
sorry that I have to disappoint you, it is available since sunday and you are not the first one. The books are printed on demand in the country where they are ordered. So I can't sign a copy.

I hope you will like the book.
thats ok I rather suspected as much. Thanks for posting .I'll let you have some links to other UK xs650 forums where you may wish to offer your book. it would make a great Christmas Present for an XS650 owner.

Thanks! Hope you will participate some on the forum (in your retirement).

All links on here to homemade English versions of the book should disappear now...

I think it will be no problem, when the links to the homemade English versions remain here. So you can roughly see what you get before ordering a book

Back