XS650 No Theme Build

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a 1980 XS650 donor for the no theme (I`ve got no idea where I`m going with this one) monoshock build so I might as well start another thread. The plan is to use up all the left over parts from the last 3 builds. I`m actually going to try a budget build this time. That should be good for at least a month or so before that idea goes to Hell in a handbasket. The donor bike does have good compression, unmolested wiring, and a clear title in the sellers name, and most of all "It Ran When He Parked It".:thumbsup: I`ll try to take pics from the start this time.:rolleyes:
doner bike 001.JPG doner bike 002.JPG doner bike 003.JPG doner bike 004.JPG doner bike 005.JPG doner bike 006.JPG

Let’s see, this thread has been up for twenty minutes now, I’m guessing the low budget is already out the window! Haha! :lmao:[/QUOTE]

Well in all honesty I was just looking at the GopherGlass Site for tanks and seats when you made your post.

As long as the donor bike was already in the truck I decided to make it legally mine. I got insurance, had it inspected at the Highway Patrol, went to the DMV and registered and tagged it. All done in 1 1/2 hrs. Unloaded it and put on the lift to start disassembly process.

Jim. Here are a couple of pics of some of the air cleaner "Crap". There is also something with a little door?
Donor build 001.JPG Donor build 002.JPG Donor build 003.JPG Donor build 004.JPG Donor build 005.JPG Donor build 006.JPG Donor build 010.JPG Donor build 008.JPG

You said budget build.... what type of bars are you using? I have these mystery bars from a wreck I bought if you are interested.

Attachments

• 4A322EFD-8D7F-4A8E-8927-26EDF319193E.jpeg
    4A322EFD-8D7F-4A8E-8927-26EDF319193E.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 328
Looks like I better gas the truck up. Sunday... maybe....?

I got tired of the "Rental House Remodel Ass Kicking" I`ve been taking and decided to work on the new build for the first time today. I got it stripped down and sorted out the parts I`m going to use (both of em).:laugh: The new renter is supposed to move in Tue so if all goes according to schedule I should have it cut apart for the mono shock conversion next week.
build 001.JPG build 002.JPG

100 degrees today and I didn`t start until 2:00 so my productivity level was at a all time low, but I did get all the preliminary tabs removed and frame cut for the rear monoshock/seat brace structure to begin. Maybe get a earlier start tomorrow and get all the factory welds smoothed to be sandblasted? before the fabrication process is started.

No Theme Build 001.JPG No Theme Build 003.JPG No Theme Build 004.JPG No Theme Build 002.JPG

what shock are you gonna use Phil?

Nice! This ones gonna be a fun one to watch! But what’s with the 100 degree days? Didn’t your winter just end?
Someone forgot to order Spring this year. That or it's out of stock. We went from freezing our asses off to a 100deg's in a matter of a few weeks.

Back