XS650 No Theme Build

Since I`m starting the electronics & wiring I probably should build another under seat tray. The seat hump is fairly tall so a low profile tray is in order. Tomorrow I`ll transfer the pattern to aluminium and bend it up. Should be room for everything inc the battery. We`ll see. Feel`s like it`s getting a little closer to done?:thumbsup:
electronics tray 001.JPG electronics tray 002.JPG electronics tray 003.JPG electronics tray 004.JPG electronics tray 005.JPG electronics tray 006.JPG electronics tray 008.JPG electronics tray 009.JPG

That’s gonna be tight! Great fab work. I just fabbed up an under seat pan to hide my tail light and directional wires, but after templating I just used an angle grinder, mallet, and half of a log to match the bend to my seat hoop :lmao:

Major accomplishment`s today. 1st I installed the red brake bleeder caps. 2nd I installed the red grease zerk caps. 3rd and the most important, I drilled holes in the dip stick cap, just because it was there.:thumbsup: There goes the structural integrity I know, but Oh Well.:shrug:
today stuff 011.JPG today stuff 012.JPG today stuff 007.JPG

Hi Thomasaun. That is a Champion seat and Cheney Knight tank, both from GopherGlass. I had Omar`s stuff but they are different in size and mounting.

Got the under seat tray welded up inside and out then smoothed the outside welds and rounded the corners. It sorta fits.:shrug: Thought about drilling some holes in it??:yikes::yikes:
Finished welding the studs on the coil mount and painted it.:thumbsup: Still need to final sand the tray and polish it.
Does anyone know if the Anti-gravity or Shorai batteries can be mounted lying on their side?
under seat tray 006.JPG under seat tray 009.JPG under seat tray 008.JPG under seat tray 007.JPG under seat tray 005.JPG under seat tray 004.JPG under seat tray 003.JPG under seat tray 001.JPG under seat tray 010.JPG

Today I installed the "Chinky" tail light-tag bracket. Hardly noticeable but I also made up all the throttle cables and actually remembered to put all the boots, adjusters, and ferrule`s and run the inner cable through the outer shroud "First!!":thumbsup:, before I soldered the ends. Carbs open all the way and have lots of adjustment left in case?
throttle 001.JPG throttle 002.JPG throttle 003.JPG throttle 004.JPG throttle 005.JPG

Back