XS650 No Theme Build

Very sanitary! You might have to change your name to Mr Clean!
66174D15-37C4-4945-82D6-EDFCF7CEE14B.jpeg

Well here it is, the middle of May and the wiring is at a slow crawl at best.

It takes time to do the kind of careful, thoughtful and neat work that you do. Just look at tray you fabbed, orderly layout, grommets in all the right places. You’re a perfectionist!

Hey Halfmile---Can you tell me where you got your starter solenoid, I need that exact one if I can find it, Thanks
tim

Since it is time to wire up the turn signals I thought maybe I`d mount them on the bike first.:thumbsup: Jim made drilling holes in the center stand bolts look so easy I thought what the heck? I`ll just drill and tap, can`t be that hard to do. Stainless was tougher than I thought.:boxing: Came out OK and I can run all the wires in the same sleeve. Stainless!! What was I thinking.:umm:
turn light bolts 002.JPG turn light bolts 001.JPG turn light bolts 003.JPG turn light bolts 004.JPG

I`m waiting on 3.5mm bullet connectors :(, Besides I need a wiring distraction. Side Cover. The first thing to do is forget where you put the pattern you made the last time you did one of these so you have to lay it all out again. Mark and drill pilot holes then grind down any support ribs that might be in the way ruining the structural integrity and rendering the bike totally unrideable forever:doh: Then the fun part (drill lots of holes). Saw between the holes and file and smooth with the die grinder, and finally clean up the mess with your 56 year old "High School Metal Shop Class" dust pan:thumbsup: Tomorrow I`ll polish it or mow the yard. It`s a toss up.
side cover 002.JPG side cover 006.JPG side cover 009.JPG side cover 008.JPG side cover 013.JPG side cover 014.JPG side cover 010.JPG side cover 016.JPG

Another nice job halfmile...you must have had the same shop teacher I had...:laugh2:

Attachments

• dust pan.jpg
    dust pan.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 154
Hated school metal shop, thought it big waste of time, only took it in 7th grade then switched to art classes.
What did I become later, a Machinist then Mechanical Designer, Go Figure

Back