XS650 No Theme Build

Today I fit the handlebar controls. Still waiting to hear about the HHB CDI system?? Brake lines on order and trying to make the final decision on carburation. Snails Pace.:shrug:
hand controls 001.JPG hand controls 002.JPG hand controls 003.JPG hand controls 004.JPG hand controls 005.JPG

Have`nt touched the build since Feb 12. Just sitting there. The HHB CDI, brake stuff, clutch cable, electrical stuff etc are all here waiting for a warmer day. No heat turned on in the shop for the last 6 years. Daylight savings time is Mar 10th. That might as well be the 1st day of Summer. I`m anxious to get back on this thing and finish it up.:thumbsup:
no theme 001.JPG
no theme 002.JPG

Got a little something done today. I polished the bracket and mounted the ft brake caliper and line to the MC. Started the CDI install. Used the garage sale Yamaha dial gauge to find TDC and installed the stator and rotor, set the initial timing and air gap. The "things to do" list just keeps getting longer & longer.:doh:
brake caliper 004.JPG CDI 001.JPG CDI 003.JPG CDI 004.JPG

If I had a water jet I`d sell a set to everyone who wanted them. Unfortunately I don`t have that. Omar`s gets $59 plus shipping for a pair.:yikes: I`ve got less than $5.00 in these and .50 cents of that was for poster board for the pattern and I had to buy a new fine line Sharpie for $1.00. I always thought a pair of these with slots instead of round holes would look better? Maybe on the next build.:shrug:

Today I finished the brakes (F&R). New stainless lines and banjo bolt switch for rear. Brakes all bled and no leaks yet. Not even the cheap ass Chinky MC. I`m at a loss for words over that.:yikes: Installed the tuning fork decals on the calipers. Also mounted the center tank mounting stud. All out of excuses now. It`s down to electrical and carburation.:thumbsup:
brake calipers 001.JPG brake calipers 002.JPG brake calipers 003.JPG brake calipers 004.JPG brake calipers 005.JPG brake calipers 006.JPG

Today I finished the brakes (F&R). New stainless lines and banjo bolt switch for rear. Brakes all bled and no leaks yet. Not even the cheap ass Chinky MC. I`m at a loss for words over that.:yikes: Installed the tuning fork decals on the calipers. Also mounted the center tank mounting stud. All out of excuses now. It`s down to electrical and carburation.:thumbsup:
View attachment 138504 View attachment 138505 View attachment 138506 View attachment 138507 View attachment 138508 View attachment 138509

So cool that you have surpassed coolness into:
"Supercoolness" ( not suprised-wow !)

Getting there! Mines been sitting. And gonna sit a while longer. Working 70 hours a week for the next forever. Maybe I can afford to just buy everything all at once.

Looking good. I've been fine tuning the cold starts on mine as well as getting a working PCV set up. The projects never fully end, they just get rideable.

Back