1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Xs650 scrapper price

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by apox, Oct 26, 2011.

1. apox

apox XS650 Addict

Hey guys I have the chance to pick up a 1971 xs650 in brutal condition but clean title, I want the title for the year, In Canada 71 didnt have lights, therefore does not need them now. What do you think I'd get for a complete xs650 at a scrapers? Just ball park.

2. weekendrider

weekendrider Iron Horse cowboy Top Contributor

S.W. MO
    I was told short steel was $270 a ton last week.
    But here you have to surrender the title to scrap a "whole" bike or car.

3. Patches

Patches XS650 Junkie

What front wheel is on it? If it's a drum brake don't scrap it, I'll be more than happy to buy it from you and I'll pay much better than scrap..... Lol.

4. blackedout

blackedout XS650 Member

if you have the front forks let me know i will be willing to buy them off you

5. 80xs650

80xs650 XS650 Enthusiast

apox:

Not sure what you are asking. The first sentence sounds like you are wanting to buy a bike, the second sentence sounds like you want to scrap a bike. If you have found a bike at a scrap yard, chances are they will be asking more than scrap value for it, especially if it has a good title. Can you clarify a bit?

6. XSLeo

XSLeo XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Sounds like he has a chance to buy a 71 with a good title. Good frame not much else. He wants to know what a bike from a scrapyard, mostly complete would cost. Then put all the good part on the 71 frame.
    Leo

7. I can tell ya what they are worth in saskatchewan.....Just picked up a 75 yesterday, complete....but rough for $600.00....But its all there, minus aftermarket pipes.