Sold / Found / Inactive - XS650 to restore

Hell, I'll stand in line..............
hat in hand.jpg

Last edited:
The GS650 is a rare beast indeed.... only 200 made. Just my opinion of course, but I'd be more tempted to make it a survivor rather than restore it.

Well this is very interesting, I’m unfamiliar with the history this model, I’m going to have to do some digging.
Sixteen years ago, I went to look at a BSA A65 this guy was selling. He had paid a large amount of money for it because it was supposed to be a 1971 A70, a limited run of 750cc models built specifically to qualify for American flat track racing. He then spent another large amount of money having it professionally restored.
Then he found out that the serial numbers had been doctored and what he had was just a run of the mill A65 650.
He was selling it for a really low price, but the title was a mess, he wanted me to sign a document that said I knew the serial numbers on the bike were phony. I thought the whole thing was too problematic. Too bad, it was a nice bike. Looked just like this,
4150250E-CE59-41C0-8550-8B7603F5AD0C.jpeg

Doug is a wealth of information on this special model. I have a title getting done for this bike, the folks who transport for me are organizing this cost me $350 that bill im sucking up if this bike finds a new home my loss your gain

Doug is a wealth of information on this special model. I have a title getting done for this bike, the folks who transport for me are organizing this cost me $350 that bill im sucking up if this bike finds a new home my loss your gain
I do want it even before seeing it. I wonder what the shipping cost would be to 30045?

If anyone is interested i have another bike being dropped off to the same address they collect and deliver all over the states if your interested e mail Karen at tprbsqn@gmail.com they are very reasonable and if your looking at a deal they're very good at spotting scams.

Forgot to say mention my name laurence fisher they will know what bike and where it is :bike:

Anyone?? Need one bad. I am bored. Might go back to work.. NOT...
Do you have any pictures? I assume it is a 1972 XS2 XS650 with a BBK. Where are you located?

hey man, I have a 72 xs650 I am debating restoring it or selling I am in Richmond va . et me know if you are interested. Also the bike has the carbs I just took them off to soda blast.

Attachments

• download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 108
Photos will be posted tomorrow, she is a grubby individual of a bike :thumbsup: , wrong color fuel tank unknown mileage
Rotten original mufflers but the rest of the bike is completely intact that needs love and attention :sneaky:, this is your complete strip down project i won't be upset if you decide not to go for it as the TX is very clean so no major work required so I'm OK to do a complete restore if it ends up here :popcorn:

Back