xs650 trackmaster street project

69ranchero351c

shiny side up
Reaction score
hey guys figured you would like taking a look at my project i just picked up from my uncle. trackmaster frame for a xs650 still with shipping label to gary nixon. everything there except the tank as i told my uncle to keep it since it is signed by gary nixon. now this was Cliff Guilds (garys tuner that won him his championships in 67 and 68) sons race bike till he wrecked it at some point then they took it all apart sent the frame back to trackmaster had it checked and re nickle plated and thats as far as it got.

the forks and trees are bent a little from the wreck but i got em all apart and just need to box em up and send em off to get straightend. exhaust is going to be mickel plated Jemco sent in my money order and now just waiting for it. also talked to omars about a tail just waiting to hear back from him about which one would fit the frame the best.

should be fun have all the parts to put it together just need to do some cleaning and figure out some stuff like see if i can find a front wheel that i can put a disc on. go through my uncles tank collection and see what i wanna use. soda blast the motor and what not.

i am looking for a clutch cover with a sight glass for the jemco exhaust lol. and a left side engine cover. this bike will also be a total loss electrical system as there is no alternator and can not put one back on:doh: damn racers lol. well on to the pics.

DSCN0460.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

Last edited:
this is the other project in the garage came in stock and this is what it is now. my best friends 77 kz1000 slammed, stretched, mono shocked, and modern front end.

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

ah im cleanin the frame up right now took the first layer of dullness off now need to go find some nickel polish and start polishin. and need to go to harbor freight and get a soda blaster

A Cliff Guild Special...

Have any original pictures of this bike when it was raced? That's the condition I'd put it in... Just sayin'...

no i dont have any pics of it as raced but i really dont need any as everything is there as it was.im trying to decide if i want to go with a xr style tail or with the bicycle style seat a just a fender ala true flattrack which i have. what do you guys think?

the wife got hame last night after me posting and said hey theres a box for you on the front steps from jemco.:D. man it is pretty love it deff wasnt expecting it this soon

A Cliff Guild Special...

Have any original pictures of this bike when it was raced? That's the condition I'd put it in... Just sayin'...

my uncle has Cliffs tuner trophy from when nixon won the championships. big ol thing says along the lines how the tuners and builders dont get any respect just the rider. i need to get a pic of it. my uncle was real good friends with Cliff before he passed away.

Guys, that frame is a piece of history. There's not going to be another one. As tempting as it is to use, I wouldn't do it. It belongs in a museum.

Guys, that frame is a piece of history. There's not going to be another one. As tempting as it is to use, I wouldn't do it. It belongs in a museum.

I must disagree! Museums are for artifacts that have outgrown their usefulness.
They're for people to look at and wonder what it would have been like to experience them in their time. This, unlike artifacts, is a piece of history, true, but one that not only had a purpose at one time, but still has one today. It's not a Conastoga wagon, it's a motorcycle frame! And one that has a fairly famous pedigree. If you had a '30's Harley or Indian or whatever and it ran, would you put it in a museum, or would you ride it? Your answer not only tells who you are, but how you view motorcycling in general. Just my opinion.

Shouldn't be to difficult to do something with it that retains it's pedigree and provenance whilst still having a bike that is still in use and being enjoyed.

Good luck with the build

Hey , 69 ranchero.....great score...I'm just north of you in Smyrna...looks like a great build ahead of you. Good lookin shop too.Kev.

well it is deff gona get built into a rider lol. been workin on cleanin up the frame and went and got the stuff to soda blast the motor, unbagged the motor and scratched my head and went damn lol. gona need a good bottom end to use with my top end as this has been modified a bit.

not only has the alternator side of the crank been cut off whcich didnt bother me just woulda went total loss, but it has no kickstarter and all the guts are gone but it has also been changed to right side shift.

now i wanna use my top end since its a 750 and ported, so can i use any motor year or what and how do i tell?

well heres some pics of the frame shinin this after 3 passes so far and some pics of the motor and what im talkin about

DSCN0475.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

DSCN0477.jpg

DSCN0478.jpg

Back