XS6501B rolling project

airbusflyboy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
The list continues, going over the bike to determine what parts need to be replaced, have been able to get some decent deals for some of the parts but finding that this Yamaha stuff is more tricky to find parts than a Honda, and more pricey.
I am amazed at what the folks on EBAY think their parts are worth, they are way over priced, even if those parts are hard to get, most of them are available from other sources if you spend the time to shop around. Couple of seller from UTAH trying to get outrageous prices ............ not from me !!!
I am finding MIKESXS to have a lot of good stuff, although aftermarket ........... Yamatopdog is awesome for most of their parts but they are pricey on some stuff.
I want to get this bike completely redone from frame up, and use aluminum rims with stainless spokes and two to one exhaust system, removing the turn signals, install front fork gators on the fork legs, they look nicer than the chromed tubing. I am not doing a correct restoration for show but for me ................ Any ideas would be welcome or recommendations on what to be careful with ............. Thanks !!!

Back