XS6502F / XS650SK mash up?

Only thing I remember forward of the flasher is the turn signal canceling unit. Is it a rectangular box... plastic?
Starter cutout should be on the battery box.

9B13FE8C-BD7F-402A-BBFB-3F6107037902.jpeg

What you’re looking at is the 79 bike and the 83 wiring harness.

42F04D0A-F0B8-44F1-9795-12A58AE4A8BA.jpeg

The 83 frame does not have the tabs to mount the two components shown. I believe those to be the signal flasher and cancel. A dual output coil has to go there. I haven’t looked at what the canceler is for. I’m looking for confirmation that those tabs get cut off.

B77D7A5F-3F98-418C-86A3-7E158594C8D1.jpeg

The component resting on the points, I don’t know what it is. ???

CC8B846C-9652-4158-B369-9B21EABCFD84.jpeg

When the time comes to assemble this bike, I will open up my SK as a guide. I believe I prefer to be rid of useless tabs that could cause conflict. By the same token, I’ll need a place for each necessary component. As always, your input is welcome.

For the flasher can, I included a tab on my coil mounting bracket. This moved it farther back and out of the way of the new coil .....

uWiqFHL.jpg

Xprz1CB.jpg

Judging by the wire colors, that component sitting on the points housing might be the new version of the flasher.

For the canceling unit, I simply bent it's mount tab up. This moved it and nicely tucked it into the steering neck area .....

HL0KfNF.jpg

You want simple, it doesn't get much simpler, lol.

My humble view is that cutting of things should be avoided and used as a last option
Depending on what electronics shall be used in the future those extra hardware / tabs can be of good use clamping what now comes in the future
I also have the flasher holder tab . But I have moved the relay forward and fastened the Boyer Bransden ignition box with padding in that tab.
I Have some rubber mat with rectangular holes in it wrapped around the box and then it is good to have the tabs to fixate the box
Zip Tie
There can also be use in holding the harness up

My Canadian 83 wiring loom is 5V4-82590-50.

Canadian Code is 5V5-03**** for the 83. Looks like they used the US code on all of bike looms, (same loom), for 82/83 in the US and Canada

Only thing i can see on the diagram with 3 wires, one brown, one Brown/white and one Yellow/green is the flasher relay.........the browm/white on the diagram could he brown in the loom where it is exposed but joins to a B/W somewhere
b77d7a5f-3f98-418c-86a3-7e158594c8d1-jpeg.198370

I got over an important hurdle yesterday. That was making it legal in Mississippi. You may recall I had no paperwork for this bike. My neighbor works in insurance and she got me a title bond. That, a notarized bill of sale, and a notarized affidavit of ownership got me a tag and a title. The grand total was $168 and ten minutes. The tag is antique classification and exempt from tax and expiration. So, now I can get to work in earnest.

I got over an important hurdle yesterday. That was making it legal in Mississippi. You may recall I had no paperwork for this bike. My neighbor works in insurance and she got me a title bond. That, a notarized bill of sale, and a notarized affidavit of ownership got me a tag and a title. The grand total was $168 and ten minutes. The tag is antique classification and exempt from tax and expiration. So, now I can get to work in earnest.
Take it to the "Let ride" thread! :)

Are you planning on using the switches start function or leaving the start button on the handlebars?

Are you planning on using the switches start function or leaving the start button on the handlebars?
I'm keeping the start function on the handlebar. My thinking is I don't want that big switch on the top clamp. Either mini gauges or a Daytona clock as @Bjorn has on his.

I'm keeping the start function on the handlebar. My thinking is I don't want that big switch on the top clamp. Either mini gauges or a Daytona clock as @Bjorn has on his.
I think that would be a good place for it then. Was concerned about trying to start it with throttle and switch both on the right side... requiring 2 right hands. :cautious:

I think that would be a good place for it then. Was concerned about trying to start it with throttle and switch both on the right side... requiring 2 right hands. :cautious:
My biggest concern is interference with something I haven't thought of, and comments like yours bring up what I didn't think of. I need to tuck it in far enough to make sure it doesn't get kicked. I need to figure it out before I take it apart and paint or powder.

There will be something hanging off the bottom of the battery box, either the TCI black box or the voltage rectifier. As long as you clear that, you should be fine.

Back