Xs750 Rear Shocks Replacement

750triples

1979 XS 750
Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m wondering if any of y’all have experience with replacing/upgrading the shocks on an XS750. The shocks that come stock on the bike handle like a waterbed, as they were designed for touring. I wouldn’t trust this bike to do any touring with, so I’m looking for something a little stiffer. I’m also wondering if it’s a good idea to replace the rear shocks without doing the front, because they’re also complete mush, but from what I’ve seen I’d need to do a full fork swap to get anything better.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I’m wondering if any of y’all have experience with replacing/upgrading the shocks on an XS750. The shocks that come stock on the bike handle like a waterbed, as they were designed for touring. I wouldn’t trust this bike to do any touring with, so I’m looking for something a little stiffer. I’m also wondering if it’s a good idea to replace the rear shocks without doing the front, because they’re also complete mush, but from what I’ve seen I’d need to do a full fork swap to get anything better.

Thanks!
I replaced the shocks on my XS1100 with Progressive Suspension 412. They’re OK. Economical for a decent shock. I’ve have them for several years and they were under $500. You don’t get help from them, so I ended up immediately spending more for the correct springs.

Bitubo is good. Traxxion Dynamics will get you the right ones.
YSS has fans. Good economical shocks.
Hagon
Ikon.

Back