1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Yam_Tech314's official build thread

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by G_YamTech_314, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Yup! You got yerself a man cave there buddy! And so it begins!

MaxPete, G_YamTech_314 and Jim like this.
  2. Jim

Jim The thrill of victory and da agony of da feet. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Take it from an ex-smoker, best thing you can do is scrub the walls down with soap and water.

gggGary, MaxPete and G_YamTech_314 like this.
  3. That's what I thought too! Gonna give it a try. Since the mower has been in there though it's already made the smoke stench less prominent. I'll try it this weekend

MaxPete likes this.
  4. Jim

Jim The thrill of victory and da agony of da feet. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Sponge mop... get the ceiling too. Chang the soap and water often... very often.

gggGary, MaxPete and G_YamTech_314 like this.
  5. It's certainly an exciting experience.

6. Dawn, comet, and water. Hot.. hot water. Been there.

Hey... Let's give muriatic acid a try! What's the worst that could happen! ...just kidding. Would be funny though.

gggGary, MaxPete and Jim like this.
  7. mrtwowheel

mrtwowheel Honda Etched On Brain Top Contributor

Easy heat in the winter too, just leave the door open for a while.

Scott

MaxPete, Jim and G_YamTech_314 like this.
  8. My thoughts exactly.

MaxPete, Mailman and Jim like this.
  9. Howdy guys.

Here's a fun before and after for you all. As well as a detailed tour of my new (to me) stand up rolling tool box. Yesterday it was an empty garage. Tonight, it's damn near a full blown work shop. Bike got to the apartment in one piece, and I wont lie, trying to load and unload a bike without front brakes gets to be a tricky maneuver.

anyways, without further blabbering, heres the transformation of my workspace.

just a little something to make you guys feel better too...

For all of you who struggle to find your way around a computer, Im 22, and it just took me 30 minutes to take pictures with my phone, transfer them to the laptop, and submit them to here. I used to be able to do that in minutes. Wonder whats going on... LOL

Attached Files:

azman857, Mailman, Brassneck and 7 others like this.
  10. TwoManyXS1Bs

TwoManyXS1Bs BBQ Hunter Top Contributor

11. MaxPete

MaxPete Life with Lucille...I suggest, she decides. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

I’m just catching - you’re doing well Yam-Tech!

Pete

G_YamTech_314 and Jim like this.
  12. Mailman

I’m loving your shop, congratulations! Now that’s a proper work space! :thumbsup:

G_YamTech_314 likes this.
  13. Who wants to join me in a game of "guess what parts I ordered!" Featuring a side game of "how am I supposed to move my bike now?"

Hints are as follows...

Each part that needs replaced is pictured :laughing::wink2:
    20190708_215308.jpg
    20190708_220908.jpg
    20190708_220917.jpg
    The bike won't move without one

And I'm too lazy and sad to come up with other hints. My car died a day after ordering $250 in parts! Lol... Probably a fuel filter. But that's besides the point.

MaxPete, Mailman and Jim like this.
  14. Mailman

Go get um buddy! :laugh2: You’re committed now!

MaxPete, Jim and G_YamTech_314 like this.
  15. But really though, can you guess one of the parts I ordered?? Curious to see how good you guys really are. Use your eyes! Lol

MaxPete and Jim like this.
  16. Mailman

Battery? It’s clean! :D

MaxPete, Jim and Moabite like this.
  17. Moabite

Moabite XS650 Enthusiast Top Contributor

Moab, utah
    grommet on tank...it clean
    ...edit...then i read "each part that needs replaced is pictured" ...so next guess is you selling bike and buying another one!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019 at 6:00 AM
  18. Jim

Captain obvious here.... handlebars.

MaxPete, G_YamTech_314 and Mailman like this.
  19. I feel like a little kid on Christmas guys

Mailman: you're close... The parts pictured are old ones that will be getting a replacement. Perhaps I should've been more clear. Look for old worn out bits. Not new bits haha.

Aside from that though, you're really close with battery.

Yeah, Jim.. the buck horns have finally hit my last nerve. Chose a unique bar style for the stock frame and riding position. Who knows how it'll work out.

Moabite, I'm happy you said something, because I worked hard to clean up that grommet. But surprisingly, the tank grommet was there when I bought it!

20. Jim

Seat.

Mailman and MaxPete like this.